PT2 update for cereus (ub and abs merge)

Any support related posts should go here.

PT2 update for cereus (ub and abs merge)

Postby cvnpoka » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:12 pm

will you provide support for this new site with PT2?
cvnpoka

Re: PT2 update for cereus (ub and abs merge)

Postby zdarma » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:13 pm

I configured PT2, to import Hand Histories as if they were actually coming from Absolute Poke and it seems to be working fine. I also added an alias to my user for Absolute. Hope this helps
zdarma

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:20 pm

If they are using the old Absolute format for hand histories then using the File > Auto-Import > Absolute hand histories window like zdarma mentioned is what everyone will need to do.

See here for more details...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14618
ptrack pat

Postby gipper_ace » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:51 pm

Ok I got Poker Tracker2 to work. But can't seem to get Poker Ace Hud to work.
Any ideas
gipper_ace

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:54 pm

Post PAHUD issues on that forum. You will no longer need PAHUD to record the hand histories since they automatically get saved now but if it's not displaying the stats you need to post that issue there.
ptrack pat

Postby cvnpoka » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:30 pm

zdarma wrote:I configured PT2, to import Hand Histories as if they were actually coming from Absolute Poke and it seems to be working fine. I also added an alias to my user for Absolute. Hope this helps

this will work to get the hands in.

but its not a realistic long term solution. i dont really want to add aliases for every player i play against. i will, if thats the only option. so i was wondering if their were plans to incorporate the new cereus.
cvnpoka

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:52 pm

I'll have to look into something in a patch then. This isn't something that's going to be until next week at the earliest. I don't even know if it's feasible for it to import ABS hands as UB, I'd have to investigate any problems that would cause with a number of other functions in PT like the export and replayer just to name a few off the top of my head that function in specific ways depending on the hand history format and assume each site has it's own format.

EDIT:
Actually, after thinking about this more, I think it would be a lot better and easier to add an "Auto Alias" feature which will basically allow you to run it and PT will automatically create an alias between any UB and Absolute names that are the exact same. That way, none of the underlying functionality related to hand history formats would be impacted because we would have hands imported in ABS format but the site id is UB. How does an auto-alias option sound?
ptrack pat

Postby zdarma » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:25 am

ptrack pat wrote:How does an auto-alias option sound?

Sounds like sweet music to me
zdarma

Postby deacydo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:28 pm

i have my pt2 set up like i was told but the hands dont seem to be importing. do i have to play? im only trying to pick up hands by observing the table. is this my problem? did you have to play first? any ideas would be appreciated
deacydo

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:47 pm

deacydo wrote:i have my pt2 set up like i was told but the hands dont seem to be importing. do i have to play? im only trying to pick up hands by observing the table. is this my problem? did you have to play first? any ideas would be appreciated

You have to be dealt cards for the hand histories to show up. Their software doesn't store the files if you don't play the hand.
ptrack pat

Next

Return to PTH Support