PT for Macintosh

Beta Testing Information

Moderator: Moderators

PT for Macintosh

Postby BobHoey » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:08 am

I have been waiting for a long time for the promised Mac version of Poker Tracker. I have been using MacPoker Pro, which is similar and seemed useful until I got a large database of opponents and then it slowed down so much that it was a hinderance more than an asset.

I have learned about an alternative method of running Windows apps on a Mac, without having to install Windows. This method involves an app named Crossover that talks directly to the Unix core of the Mac OS. It sounds like a viable way of getting going but I would prefer to see a native Macintosh app. Does anyone have info on the status of a Mac app in development?

I wonder if I get Crossover and buy the PC version of PT, if I will be able to swap it for a Mac version when/if it comes out.
BobHoey

Re: PT for Macintosh

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:22 pm

Please keep PT3 questions in the PT3 section of the forum for quicker support.

I understand that a license for the PC version will allow you to use the mac version when it's released, but I can't find the official post about that just now so I'm not 100%.
WhiteRider

Postby richbrown » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:27 pm

Does this mean they are planning a Mac native version?
I remember about 9-10 months ago there was talk of a version that should be coming out about now....
richbrown

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:00 am

There will be a mac version of PT3, but it won't be available until the PC version is fully featured and supporting all sites that PT2 supports (at least).
WhiteRider

Postby scottjf8 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Any update on a PT for the Mac? I'd love to have this.
scottjf8

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:03 am

Things have been a bit slower going than we'd have liked; we're looking for more development help and that should speed things up.

I wouldn't expect to see any betas for PT3 Mac until at least this summer, though, possibly longer.
kraada

Return to Beta Testing