Build 4: Update Outdated Database

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Build 4: Update Outdated Database

Postby APerfect10 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:08 pm

If after upgrading to Build 4 and you receive the PT is configured to import into an outdated Database error then the database update failed because your previous database schema was incorrect.

To resolve the issue, you can either create a new database and reimport all of your processed files or you can follow the steps below to resolve the issue and update your database:

1. Open PgAdminIII. Start->Programs->PostgreSQL 8.3->PgAdmin III
  2. Double click your "PostgreSQL Database Server" in the left window pane and expand "Databases" by clicking the +
  3. Double click the database which needs updated
  4. On the File menu, click Tools->Query Tool.
  5. Download the following two files:
  6. In the query tool go File->Open then browse to and select "Install_PLpgSQL.sql" then click Query -> Execute. (If this query fails that is fine)
  7. Now go File->Open, browse to and locate "Update_DB_Build4.sql" then click Query->Execute.
  8. Repeat for all databases necessary
  9. Make sure that you run a full "Housekeeping" in PT3 for each database that is updated to ensure optimal performance
Your databases are now updated for Build 4 and you should notice a very large performance boost! :)

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Re: Build 4: Update Outdated Database

Postby 2Lillies » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:49 pm

muchas gracias senor. your'e really smart!
2Lillies

Postby S1ref » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:22 pm

Its good to find out that everytime i update something goes terribly wrong with you guys.
IM really regretting that i chose Poker Tracker when everybody told me not to.
Now i see Why.

Every update=problem=fixing it couple of days=less time to play

I mean that.. i did all that.. 3 times ! restart everytime, houskeepeing too and still this stupid piece of program tells me its outdated :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Little bit nervous already :/

Is there anything else i can do ??

My stats are very valuable and they contain a lot of hands.
S1ref

Postby kraada » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Are you able to successfully execute the queries listed in the OP?
kraada

Postby S1ref » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:41 am

Yes, I executed both of them.

Then i start PT3 and the program says its still needs to be updated so i wait couple of minutes. Then i start housekeeping.. it runs about 3hours then some kind of error pops up "vacuum full" or something like this and the housekeeping stops everytime.
S1ref

Postby kraada » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:38 am

Please enable logging (Configure --> Options --> Logging Enabled and restart PT3) and run housekeeping until you get that error then attach the C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\PokerTracker.log file to a support ticket and it will contain the full error message for us and we can help you figure out what to do to get it fixed.
kraada

Postby mightyduck » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:28 am

I'm having the same import problems with Build3 beta 25. This version solved a problem on a previous ticket [#45492] but now I have this import problem plus the program wants to update my databases everytime I open the program or change the active database. Will these two files work for Build 3 beta 25 and if so, where or how do you download the two files you are talking about. Install_PLpgSQL and Update_DB_Build4. I thought you could download from your response to A Perfect10 but apparently not.
mightyduck

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:28 am

If you right click on the links in APerfect10's post and click Save Link As ... you can save the files to your computer and then import them properly. They should work on Beta 25 as there haven't been any database changes since Build 4 that I'm aware of. I would not recommend downgrading to Build 3.
kraada

Postby amerika412 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:12 am

"Double click your "PostgreSQL Database Server" in the left window pane and expand "Databases" by clicking the +"

when i do this it brings up a new box that says "connect to server" then says "please enter password for user postgres on server PostgreSQL database server 8.3 (localhost)"

well guess what...i don have a password and when i type one in it says "password authentication failed"

so as of right now i cannot use PT3...please help
amerika412

Postby kraada » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:34 am

You can disable password authentication by following the directions of this tutorial. Once you do that, it shouldn't ask for a password anymore (and if it did, it wouldn't matter what you put in as anything would be accepted).
kraada

Next

Return to General [Read Only]