Aggression stats

General discussion of PokerAce Hud.

Moderator: Moderators

Aggression stats

Postby DiscoDD » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:38 pm

Could you please tell me the difference between aggresion frequency and the aggression stats for each street, Thankyou
DiscoDD

Re: Aggression stats

Postby APerfect10 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:54 pm

There are two types of aggression stats, 'Aggression Frequency' and 'Aggression Factor'. You can view the total of each of these stats or broken down by street.

Aggression Frequency is the preferred aggression stat in the Hud and is defined as:

[codenwp]AFq = ( bet + raised / bet + raised + called + folded ) * 100[/codenwp]
Aggression Factor is better used for analysis and is not as helpful in the HUD, IMHO.

[codenwp]AF = ( bet + raised / called )[/codenwp]
Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby DiscoDD » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Thankyou
DiscoDD

Postby golfmyball » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:54 am

OK, if I am understanding the following post from "Aperfect10" then I would rather see Agression Frequency in my HUD. If so then why does the defauld rules for creating an Icon contain "Total AF" and not "Total agression Frequency" to determine the Icon to be used? Also, If I were to add a rule or change the rule to be 'Total Agression Frequency' instead of 'Total Agression Factor' what whoud be the criteria I would use? For instance would I say that agressive would be > 45? Or should I use both when building an Icon.

My present Icon is an Eagle. I have an AFq of 43.07 and an AF of 2.60. I know that AF should be at 3.00 or better for Agressive But where should my AFq be to put me in the Agressive range?

Thanks

golfmyball

APerfect10 wrote:There are two types of aggression stats, 'Aggression Frequency' and 'Aggression Factor'. You can view the total of each of these stats or broken down by street.

Aggression Frequency is the preferred aggression stat in the Hud and is defined as:

[codenwp]AFq = ( bet + raised / bet + raised + called + folded ) * 100[/codenwp]
Aggression Factor is better used for analysis and is not as helpful in the HUD, IMHO.

[codenwp]AF = ( bet + raised / called )[/codenwp]
Best regards,

Derek
golfmyball

Postby kraada » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:02 pm

If you think about what a stat means it'll often answer your question for you.

As explained, AFq is (Bets + raises ) / (Bets + Raises + Calls + Folds).

So what would aggressive be? Imagine someone has 10 actions. 4 of them they fold, 4 they bet or raise, 2 they call. They'd have an AFq of 40. Do you think that is aggressive?
kraada

Postby golfmyball » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:32 pm

My question was not what I think but what you think.

In my stats I have a guy in the Summary section that has a AFq of 41.38 and a AF of 12.00 after 161 hands. Another guy has a 50.00 AFq and a 3.00 AF in 82 hands. In both examples the guy is a "money bag" player...Tight/aggressive/Aggressive.

You people say 3.00 AF and above is Aggressive. OK. What is the number concidered aggressive for AFq. All I really want to know is should I pay more attention to AF or to AFq and why.
golfmyball

Postby kraada » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Personally, I don't use either one. So I'm not best equipped to help you on this one, sorry.
kraada

Return to General