UB/Absolute merger - importing new UB hands

Any support related posts should go here.

Re: UB/Absolute merger - importing new UB hands

Postby djfl » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:46 pm

ptrack mike wrote:
I don't think I can just create a UB/AP alias if I don't have hands against the person in both.

Correct, you can't. By definition you don't need an alias on a player unless the player is known to have hands imported from both sites.

As far as fixes being "cheesy", keep in mind it wasn't our idea to merge two poker sites. We have to react to poker site changes all the time, first with workarounds and then eventually with something that works better permanently. You originally mentioned that it would be a pain to match players from each site. Naturally I thought you meant aliasing them, not to have the correctly-named auto-import window on the menu.

I'm not trying to disparage PTO. I have no problem with the fixes so far even if the Party one took a while. I recommend PTO/PAHUD to everybody and I use it every day and profit from it. I understand that Cereus obv wasn't PT's idea. I just figured making the UB button work for the UB hands would be the expected fix, and that it'd be done by now. The current fix requires a lot of time on My end that I should be using playing. I've spent the last 2 hours going thru my PTO matching up my old UB villain's with my new UB/ABS, and I'm not done yet...and I'm still having problems, tho mostly with PAHUD.

Again, I am very pro-PTO but there are a some unhappy users out there. I'm not really "unhappy", but I'm not really fully satisfied either with this last fix..which I'm still fixing on my end after 2 weeks I believe of playing with no stats. It's hard for those of us who do this for our livings all of a sudden being stats/hudless, then the fix that comes out after a long wait is kindof a workaround instead of a full fix, ya know?

Either way, thanks for the quick responses to my posts here and I look forward to my continued use of and support of anything PT-related. I do greatly appreciate the program.
djfl

Postby djfl » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:47 pm

""I have no problem with the 'non-Cereus' fixes so far even if the Party one took a while."" ...is what I meant to say. :)
djfl

Postby ptrack mike » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:46 pm

OK, I understand. We'll come up with something soon I hope.
ptrack mike

Postby wernerw » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:44 am

One word of caution for the people that want to use the old data:
Some Nicknames have changed. I had a Nickname at Absolute that was occupied in UB. When I signed in first time after the merger I was asked to give a new Nickname. So what you see may not be the right nicknames.

I made a cut. I now have a new db containing only the hands from after the merger. Yes, my UB database was pretty big, but then the play of people change and from time to time you have to make this cut anyway in my opinion.

Unfortunately as it seems we cannot build another db with observed hands any more. Or is there already something going on for this?
wernerw

Postby ptrack mike » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:46 pm

Unfortunately as it seems we cannot build another db with observed hands any more.

What do you mean? What did you do before?
ptrack mike

Postby djfl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:54 pm

I think he means datamining. As is sits no, there are no programs that will allow us to datamine UB. Ultimatehistory...which used to be downloadable from pokertracker.com back in the day...doesn't support Cereus. I've sent emails to some other datamining programmers. Apparently sometime in the future they may support Cereus, but not for now.
djfl

Postby lowkee00 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:18 pm

djfl wrote:I think he means datamining. As is sits no, there are no programs that will allow us to datamine UB. Ultimatehistory...which used to be downloadable from pokertracker.com back in the day...doesn't support Cereus. I've sent emails to some other datamining programmers. Apparently sometime in the future they may support Cereus, but not for now.

Yes, there is a program that replaces ultimatehistory. PM for info.

Les
lowkee00

Postby perrio » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:13 pm

So was this issue every resolved, will we ever be able to track out own hand histories when we play at cereus? I know pt3 does this just fine.
perrio

Postby perrio » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:15 pm

Just wondering cause I played there the other day and I couldnt get my hand histories to import, just said files found and 0 hand histories imported.
perrio

Postby ptrack mike » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:13 pm

The current resolution is to import any new Cereus hands using the Absolute auto-import window in PTO.
ptrack mike

PreviousNext

Return to PTO Support