OPINION pls-Why is it laggy when PC stats are not maxed ??

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

OPINION pls-Why is it laggy when PC stats are not maxed ??

Postby AlainB » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:10 am

Hello fellow PT4 users,

0 criticism, just wanting to get some info and your opinions.
In my last computer with PT4, I had many hands loading in PT4 the software would freeze sometimes and block all poker softwares.

I followed the advice of the support team. All good. Also new PC.

Now, sometimes when I have many poker clients open, I notice for example on PokerStars the software gets LAGGY, the turning of the cards even slows down sometimes. I know I could open less clients, like 3 or 4 atm, but I use it professionally.

I think the computer should be able to take it. It never reaches high %´s of usage on RAM or graphics or CPU.. that´s what I dont understand.
Why isn´t it smooth if it´s not in high demand ??! Any advice ? (I thought it wasn´t enough RAM, but it´s never near the limit)

PC:
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8 GB DDR4-3200
Drive - Sabrent 512gb NVMe (3000 mb)
GPU - RX 580

Thank you very much
AlainB

Re: OPINION pls-Why is it laggy when PC stats are not maxed

Postby AlainB » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:15 am

Should had that all:

-I can notice the lag in more than 1 software.
-Pokerstars AURORA animations are all OFF, including throwables.
AlainB

Re: OPINION pls-Why is it laggy when PC stats are not maxed

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:28 pm

Unfortunately I wouldn't know why PokerStars or other software is lagging on your machine but if you have a specific issue with PokerTracker 4 you can report that to us. I can only suggest general things such as making sure that PokerTracker 4 and all your poker sites are running as Administrator, all your drivers/firmware are up to date and that your disk has plenty of free space.
AlainB wrote:I think the computer should be able to take it. It never reaches high %´s of usage on RAM or graphics or CPU.. that´s what I dont understand.

In addition to RAM/Graphics/CPU you can also check disk/network usage for possible issues.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4