Poker Tracker not Recognising Home Game Tournmanent Wins

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Poker Tracker not Recognising Home Game Tournmanent Wins

Postby Brokenghost » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:49 am

Hi all,

I've noticed an issue with Poker Tracker 4 not recognising tournament wins for the top two places in home game tournaments on Poker Stars. All other positions/cashes are recorded, but for some reason the top two are not. I had a look and I believe the issue is that in the tournament summary, the final two cashes are not included in the summary of the tournament that is exported from Poker Stars and that Poker Tracker 4 uses to create the tournament results. I had one yesterday for example and all the finishes up to second are included and their prize money detailed in the PT4 reports - but nothing for the top two finishers (and similarly nothing mentioned about their finish place and prize money in the text file in the hand history). Is this a known bug or something and is there any way to fix it other than editing the information manually?

Cheers
Brokenghost

Re: Poker Tracker not Recognising Home Game Tournmanent Wins

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:37 am

If PokerStars are not including that information in the files provided to you then PokerTracker 4 will not know what the results are for those players and you will need to update them manually however note that when playing tournaments you will only have summary data up until the point you are knocked out. If you want a complete summary file then you should be able to request a new one from PokerStars after the tournament finishes.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Brokenghost » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi - thanks. It seems now that even regular tournaments as well as home game tournaments are not recording my finish place and earnings, where previously they did. I have no idea why this is happening and it's frustrating to have to enter the information manually after each tournament. Has anyone else reported this? What can be done? It used to work!

Thanks
Brokenghost

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:33 am

Make sure that Tournament Summaries are still set to save in PokerStars (Settings -> Playing History -> Tournament Summaries) and set to import into PokerTracker 4 (in Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> PokerStars).

Guide: PokerStars Tournament Summaries

otherwise please include all relevant information detailing the problem in a Support Ticket and attach a sample of hand history/tournament summary files for any tournaments which don't work for you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Brokenghost » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:01 pm

Yes, my settings are correct in both Poker Stars and Poker Tracker. The tournaments are importing and showing in the history in Poker Tracker, including all hands - it's just my finish place and prize money that is not included.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Brokenghost

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:33 am

Please send us the original hand history & tournament summary files for those tournaments to us in a Support Ticket. By default PokerTracker 4 moves those files to your 'Processed' folder which you can access via the 'File -> Open User Data Folder' option on a Windows machine:

Guide: Processed Files
Flag_Hippo

Postby Brokenghost » Mon May 17, 2021 5:48 am

Thanks guys - I found the problem. It was simply that a checkbox for saving the tournaments was not selected in Poker Stars. I have no idea why this changed as it was working fine for a long time.

Thanks for your help.
Brokenghost

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon May 17, 2021 11:47 am

Pleased to hear it.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4