Explanation please for Yellowline (All-In-Adj) Omaha Hi/Lo

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Explanation please for Yellowline (All-In-Adj) Omaha Hi/Lo

Postby cookjackie » Tue May 11, 2021 4:15 pm

My yellow line tanked on this hand when I went all in in pic related situation.
I lost the hand and the yellow line says my all in adjusted loss is 12$ which is more than I even put in.
My questions are: How can I go all in and be expected to lose more than I put in?
What does the 47% mean next to our names? Is that our chance of scooping, the percent of the pot we're expected to win on average or just for the hi?
Would my green line have gone the opposite direction of the yellow line had I won?
He bets pot and I jam putting in 9.88 to win 9.88(when he calls) plus the 11 already in. Was this that terrible of a jam? This situation came about from a bomb pot.
My math is probably a bit off but it seems he has 15 cards to scoop (10 for the straight and 5 for the flush)
about 10 for a chop and about the same number of cards for me to scoop
3x5, 2x3, 1x9, 3xT, 2xJ, 3xQ, 2xK =16
I'm obviously missing something. Thank you
Attachments
allinadj.PNG
cookjackie

Re: Explanation please for Yellowline (All-In-Adj) Omaha Hi/

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 am

cookjackie wrote:My yellow line tanked on this hand when I went all in in pic related situation.

Your yellow line appears to be the same as the green line for this hand meaning that adjusted equity was not calculated at all. In any hand where there was further action on another street after an all-in (or if a player calls an all-in and later folds) then PokerTracker 4 does not calculate adjusted equity as it introduces a bias in the results. You haven't included the entire hand history but it appears that 'Polock2' was probably all-in preflop or on the flop. Therefore in cases like this the net adjusted result will just match the actual result. In other words the net adjusted result only diverges one way or another from the green line when all-in equity is calculated but in your graph the distance between them remains the same.

Guide: All-In Equity
cookjackie wrote:I lost the hand and the yellow line says my all in adjusted loss is 12$ which is more than I even put in.

I don't see that at all and the length of the green and yellow lines in your screenshot appear to be exactly the same. Please attach the entire hand history if you need further clarification as I don't see what was going on before the turn and how much you invested in the pot up to that point.
cookjackie wrote:What does the 47% mean next to our names? Is that our chance of scooping, the percent of the pot we're expected to win on average or just for the hi?

The 47% in the replayer is your equity so it's the percentage of the pot you are expected to win in the long term.
cookjackie wrote:Would my green line have gone the opposite direction of the yellow line had I won?

No. Since adjusted equity wasn't calculated in this hand the yellow line would just follow/mirror the green line.
Flag_Hippo

Postby cookjackie » Fri May 14, 2021 2:47 pm

I can't find the hand history anymore maybe because i downloaded the new PT4 but Polok was all in on the flop
cookjackie

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat May 15, 2021 5:10 am

cookjackie wrote:I can't find the hand history anymore maybe because i downloaded the new PT4

This hand will still be in your database.
cookjackie wrote:but Polok was all in on the flop

Then this would be why no adjusted results were calculated in the hand as I detailed in my original reply.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4