Problem with auto import hands

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Problem with auto import hands

Postby joncandoit » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:32 pm

I had the auto import working perfectly. Then I turned enable logging on, then off. Not sure what other options I played with.

I tried re-installing PT3, version 3 build 2, then Beta 15 version, tried running Sql. Still not working. I get the same error msg. I turned off User Accounts in the control panel.

I have now downloaded SQL 8.2.7 but it says I need to create an account and when I try it says Username or account name not valid.

This is the error msg I get
Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: Unable to login to database (PT3 DB). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
joncandoit

Re: Problem with auto import hands

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:35 pm

Please try starting the postgres service: Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL -> Start Service.
If that, and a reboot doesn't work, try stopping the service (Start -> Programs -> Postgres -> Stop Service), running a search on your computer for postmaster.pid and then deleting that file, then restarting the service and see if that helps.
Note that you may need to turn on 'View hidden files and folders', and the file seems to be in the folder './Program Files/postgresql/<version>/data'
WhiteRider

Postby joncandoit » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:29 am

I tried what you suggested and still got the same error message and cannot find that file to delete. But there is a file named postmaster.opts (I deleted this file and ran it and got the same error message).

btw I am running SQL 8.3
joncandoit

Postby Peligroso » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:14 am

So if you go Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL -> Start Service and then open task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) and go to the "processes" tab, can you not see any "postgres" processes listed?
Peligroso

Postby joncandoit » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:35 am

when I hit CRLT+ALT+DEL, I see pg_ctl.exe listed anbd the username is postgres but they disappear

when I start it it says "The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service is starting............................................................."
and goes for a minute or so and disappears and it is not listed in the task manager

When I start PT3 and try and autoimport hands while the PostgreSQL is starting up, I get

"Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: Unable to login to database (PT3 DB). Reason: FATAL: the database system is starting up"
joncandoit

Postby Peligroso » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:54 am

Well, sounds like something indeed isn't working great here. I'd have to recommend a total reinstall and uninstall of PostgreSQL. Please see the following guide for information on how to do that:

Guide: Total uninstall/reinstall of PT3 & PostgreSQL
Peligroso

Postby joncandoit » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:55 am

oh and the postermaster.opts cameback after I deleted it
joncandoit

Postby joncandoit » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:35 pm

Those instructions didn't work very well for me at ALL. First, I was unable to back-up and export the database. I kept getting an error message (unable to login yada yada).

So I uninstalled both. I don't understand the DOS instructions, but I deleted the program otherwise. I uninstalled PT3 and went to add/removed and removed both programs and files and deleted both folders.

Now I am trying to install postgresql-8.2 but I cannot get past the step that says "In the password fields, type p0stgr3s. It will say, "user '(CPU NAME)/postgres' was not found. Would you like the account to be created for you?" Click YES." When I put in the password and click next it says "Invalid Username specified: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad passowrd"

Jeez, This really diffcult
joncandoit

Postby Peligroso » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:35 pm

You need to do the step involving the DOS prompt to do a proper uninstall of PostgreSQL. After having uninstalled it via the control panel, go start -> run and type in "cmd". Now simply type "net user postgres /delete" and press enter. After that, you should be able to reinstall.
Peligroso

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]