transfer to 2nd computer problems

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

transfer to 2nd computer problems

Postby JT17 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:54 am

i am running the trial version of PT3. i play mostly on a vista computer(laptop). i would like to transfer all the info to a second computer(desktop) that i use for mostly work. i could not get the computes to network, laptop could see and access desktop, but desktop could only see laptop, not access it. so i zipped the processed file in laptop (vista), and e-mailed it to myself. i opened the file on desktop and imported to PT3 on the desktop. but it did not import all the sessions. i had 15 on the laptop and only 13 on the desktop. i looked at the list of PokerStars ring sessions by table name in PT on the laptop, and figured out which ones that were missing. but when i open the processed file on the laptop, they are not there. but they do show up when PT is open. i also tried to zip, e-mail, unzip, and import the "log" file, but that didn't change anything. so how do i get ALL the sessions from one computer to the other?

this is a very slick program, i like it a lot. so i'm going to buy it either way, but it sure would be nice if i could get the exact same date on both computers.
JT17

Re: transfer to 2nd computer problems

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:41 am

If you don't still have the original hand history in the 'processed' folder then you will need to [Database -> Database Management -> ] Export your hands, and copy those files across to import into your new computer.
WhiteRider

Postby JT17 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:46 am

that seemed to work. and since then i did purchase pt3.

however, i have another related problem. after exporting the database to a folder, i get this error;

export error
access violation at 0x77A21A56 (tried to read from 0x000F62B2) program terminated

then i have to shut down pt3 and restart it. this happens on both computers. laptop running vista, and desktop running xl
any suggestions?
JT17

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:06 am

IF you can reproduce this, Please enable logging, reproduce the problem and submit your PokerTracker.log file to the Support system , and link to this thread in the reference field of the ticket so that we can investigate.
WhiteRider

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]