Troubling connecting to postgre SQL

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Troubling connecting to postgre SQL

Postby wtfbbq » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:26 am

Hello. I am using PT3 on my Windows 7 64 bit system, and I'm having trouble getting it to work with my postgre SQL install. I get the following error:

Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration.

I actually installed postgre SQL standalone which I downloaded from their website. I fired up pgAdmin III and I'm getting the following error when I try to connect:

could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I am also running everything 'As Administrator'. Thanks for any help.
wtfbbq

Re: Troubling connecting to postgre SQL

Postby kraada » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:56 am

What version of PostgreSQL did you install? There were originally issues with Windows 7, but I thought they were fixed in the 8.3.6 release (if you're using something else, try upgrading to 8.3.6 and see if that fixes things).
kraada

Postby wtfbbq » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:34 pm

It's 8.3.6
wtfbbq

Postby kraada » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:06 am

Are you running any firewalls? If you've got the default Win7 firewall running, try disabling it and seeing if you can connect then.
kraada

Postby wtfbbq » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:05 pm

kraada wrote:Are you running any firewalls? If you've got the default Win7 firewall running, try disabling it and seeing if you can connect then.

Just tried that via netsh advfirewall set currentprofile state on still doesn't work.
wtfbbq

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:04 pm

I'm not sure if Win7 does this the same way XP and Vista does, but in XP/Vista if you check the Event Viewer under Control Panel --> Administrative Tools, you can often find useful error messages as to what's keeping the PostgreSQL server from starting (often the errors are under the Application section but can be under System sometimes). If you find any errors relating to PostgreSQL there please tell me what they say as that might give us some useful answers.
kraada

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]