Changing colors in Advanced HUD

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Changing colors in Advanced HUD

Postby Mistweave » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:45 am

Hi,

Let me start by saying I appreciate the fact that you answer all the simple questions we throw at you in a nice and professional manner. I am sure when you get to your level of understanding this stuff its hard to see why we just dont get it. . . Well, I am trying very hard to reconfigure the advanced HUD into something that will be more easily understood by me. The first thing I tried I cant seem to pull off and this is to change the colors you assigned (ie VP$IP colored by Limp and Fold to Raise). I have tried to delete and reassign colors but it wont let me save the new colors and reverts to the default colors. I also noticed the there are two sets of the same conditions under the colors section (ie "#Limp/Fold Preflop# < 10" is listed twice as are all the others). Is there some significance to this that I dont get?

Also in reading through the HUD information am I correct in assuming that you pulled and are currently working on the advanced HUD for tournaments? And that it will be relisted in the "Get More" section when complete?

Thanks again for helping those of us that understand less about computers than poker :)
Mistweave

Re: Changing colors in Advanced HUD

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:16 am

Mistweave wrote:The first thing I tried I cant seem to pull off and this is to change the colors you assigned (ie VP$IP colored by Limp and Fold to Raise). I have tried to delete and reassign colors but it wont let me save the new colors and reverts to the default colors.

There is a known issue to do with this which is fixed for the next release (due out within a few days hopefully) but if you do things in the right order it should work in Beta 26. Make sure there is no condition selected when you click save.

I also noticed the there are two sets of the same conditions under the colors section (ie "#Limp/Fold Preflop# < 10" is listed twice as are all the others). Is there some significance to this that I dont get?

This is probably just becauase you can't see the whole condition - try making the window a bit bigger and you will see all of the condition.
You should have something like:
#Limp/Fold Preflop# < 10
#Limp/Fold Preflop# > 10 AND #Limp/Fold Preflop# < 20

Also in reading through the HUD information am I correct in assuming that you pulled and are currently working on the advanced HUD for tournaments? And that it will be relisted in the "Get More" section when complete?

Kraada's advanced HUD for tournaments is available in his How To: Advanced HUD Configuration thread - however, you would be well advised to wait until Beta 27 is released as a new version of the HUDs will be released which takes advantage of some really neat new HUD features.
WhiteRider

Postby Mistweave » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:42 pm

Thanks for the info, I will await the update for some of the problems discussed. However, in the interest of learning I was wondering if it is possible to preface the color scheme for the colored stats with a hand count. This would be the same as your use of X in the number section until a minimum number of hands is reached. ie, the Limp and Fold to Raise stat would be grey until say 10 conditions have happened at which point the set color scheme would then be used. This would seem valuable to me as I would not have to go to the popup for total chances of each stat. Does this make sense or am I not thinking clearly? Thanks again for all your answers
Mistweave

Postby Mistweave » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 am

Hi,
Even though I asked the question I just couldnt give up and came up with this eqation "cnt_limp_face_raise >= 10 and #Limp/Fold Preflop# < 10" and used "cnt_limp_face_raise <= 10" as a default color. So by adding "cnt_limp_face_raise >= 10 and " before each existing color condition I think I solved my problem. Did I? Boy I hope so. I need a breakthrough on this stuff. . . .Thanks again
Mistweave

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:58 am

That would do it, though actually you could do it in a slightly simpler fashion: if you just put cnt_limp_face_raise < 10 as the first color condition on the list and color it white, the color will stay white until you have limped and faced a raise 10 times.

It's been something that I've been meaning to add to my color conditions, in fact, so I'll try to get that added before releasing the next revision (which will mostly consist of updates to use some of Beta 27's new features).
kraada

Postby Mistweave » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi,

Wow I feel great that I got something right but even better that I thought of something you were going to address. Maybe there is hope for me learning this stuff after all. Then again I hit another road block. I cant seem to find out how to edit or define what goes into the "mouse over" balloons. Even though you are going to issue an updated HUD soon I figured it would still be great experience for me to set one up on my own. So since I was having trouble changing your color conditions I just rewrote the stats and wrote my own color conditions. This worked fine except I lost some of the information in the "mouse over" balloon. I cant seem to get it back but it got me to thinking if there was a way to edit what is in the balloon. Thanks again and in the mean time I will continue to play with stuff.
Mistweave

Postby Mistweave » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:31 pm

Hi,

And still another road block. This equation "(cnt_steal_def_opp_bb + cnt_steal_def_opp_sb) >= 10 and #Fold to Steal# < 10" checks out as valid but when I run hud I get a message "Expression: invalid number of arguements passed to function if (expecting 3, received 2). I am a bit confused because I cant locate the if part. I tried adding an if but that doesnt validate. What I am trying to do is add the number of SB defenses with the number of BB defenses and if that number is less than 10 use that as a default color then have all that add to 10 or higher use the color ranges assigned. Sorry to bother you with this stuff again but I just get to a point where I just cant go any further, sorry.
Mistweave

Disregard post

Postby Mistweave » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi,

And still another road block. This equation "(cnt_steal_def_opp_bb + cnt_steal_def_opp_sb) >= 10 and #Fold to Steal# < 10" checks out as valid but when I run hud I get a message "Expression: invalid number of arguements passed to function if (expecting 3, received 2). I am a bit confused because I cant locate the if part. I tried adding an if but that doesnt validate. What I am trying to do is add the number of SB defenses with the number of BB defenses and if that number is less than 10 use that as a default color then have all that add to 10 or higher use the color ranges assigned. Sorry to bother you with this stuff again but I just get to a point where I just cant go any further, sorry.

Disregard this post, I kept playing with it and eventually it all worked. I deleted everything and rebuilt it from the ground up and it now works. Not sure why the error but its gone now. Thanks.
Mistweave

Postby WhiteRider » Fri May 01, 2009 4:18 am

Mistweave wrote:I cant seem to find out how to edit or define what goes into the "mouse over" balloons. Even though you are going to issue an updated HUD soon I figured it would still be great experience for me to set one up on my own. So since I was having trouble changing your color conditions I just rewrote the stats and wrote my own color conditions. This worked fine except I lost some of the information in the "mouse over" balloon. I cant seem to get it back but it got me to thinking if there was a way to edit what is in the balloon.

You can't currently edit/define what is in the tooltip.
If the number of opportunities isn't shown it is probably because you haven't formatted the Value Expression of your stat quite right. You need to get the brackets and spaces in the right places - it's a bit picky. Have a look at the expression for one of the stats that works and make sure you have spaces in the same places.
WhiteRider

Return to General [Read Only]