Help setting up PT3 etc.

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Help setting up PT3 etc.

Postby Frenchie501 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:28 am

Hi, I am abysmal with computers, and it's fair to say that trying to install PT3 isn't exactly foolproof.

I have installed it but it won't work because of the postgreSQL issues I might have. I installed 8.2, and 8.3 comes with PT3 when you install, but I had a few errors, and yes Im using a Vista laptop.

Can anybody actually set this up for me so I don't mess my computer up. It's fairly new and is an expensive piece of kit that I don't want ruined.

I'm in UK and can be available any time, if anyone can be so generous as to help via remote assistance.

Cheers
Frenchie
Frenchie501

Re: Help setting up PT3 etc.

Postby WhiteRider » Wed May 20, 2009 4:41 am

Why did you install 8.2? Did you already have that installed?
If you don't have any data in either version yet, you can uninstall both (follow this guide: How to reinstall Postgres) then just install the PT3 FULL version to set it all up for you.

If you still can't get it working correctly you can schedule a remote assistance session, but try the above first as you'll likely get it sorted quicker that way.
WhiteRider

Postby Frenchie501 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:55 am

WhiteRider wrote:Why did you install 8.2? Did you already have that installed?
If you don't have any data in either version yet, you can uninstall both (follow this guide: How to reinstall Postgres) then just install the PT3 FULL version to set it all up for you.

If you still can't get it working correctly you can schedule a remote assistance session, but try the above first as you'll likely get it sorted quicker that way.

I installed 8.2 because 8.3 is incompatible on my machine! It keeps throwing up the "Failed to run initdb 1!" message. So I'm following the forum advice to install 8.2 in the meantime.
Frenchie501

Postby Frenchie501 » Wed May 20, 2009 6:12 am

None of it seems to be working how it should, so I will book a remote assistance session. Thanks for your time in advance

Frenchie
Frenchie501

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]