Error Message??

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Error Message??

Postby BigErf » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:05 pm

When starting PT3 I get: PokerTracker was unable to connect to any PostgreSQL databases. Please make sure you have PostgreSQL running.

Any idea how to fix this? I'm not sure how to check if it's running.
BigErf

Re: Error Message??

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:32 am

Have you ever had it working?
Did you install the full PT3 installer which installs postgres for you?

Check Task Manager > Processes; do you see any postgres.exe processes?
Try starting it: Start > Programs > Postgres > Start.
WhiteRider

Postby BigErf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:51 am

Yes, I've had it working... for ~6 months now. I used my computer one night, shut it off, and the next day when I restarted it there was the message.
I don't remember if I ever installed the full PT3 installer or not. I had PT2 before I switched if that matters.

When you say, "Check Task Manager > Processes; do you see any postgres.exe processes?" How do I access Task Manager?

Also, I did try "Start > Programs > Postgres > Start." but that didn't help.
BigErf

Postby kraada » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:21 am

You can get to task manager by right clicking the time in the bottom right and corner then clicking Task Manager (it's the third from the bottom). You might also want to check your firewall settings; if they had an update that could suddenly cause PostgreSQL to be blocked that could do this as well.
kraada

Postby BigErf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:34 pm

Ok I found Task Manager and yes, there's five postgres.exe processes.

As far as I know my computer has Windows Firewall. I have StopSign Software for internet security but I don't believe there's a firewall installed with it.

PokerTracker support just emailed me back and said, "try to perform a full uninstall and reinstall of PostgreSQL to see if doing so resolves your issues." By doing so will I lose all of my databases, and if so, is there a way I can save them first?
BigErf

Postby BigErf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:15 pm

Ok I uninstalled PostgreSQL and reinstalled PostgreSQL using the tutorial and I made it all the way to the last step where I get this message:

checksum verification failed for: psqlodbc:msi! Deleting file...

And I can't get any further...?
BigErf

Postby BigErf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Ok for some reason it worked and I have now successfully uninstalled and reinstalled Postgre. But I'm not sure what to do next. Somewhere I remember reading that I will have to put in a password that was created when I reinstalled Postgre, into PT3. When I launch PT3 I still receive the "PokerTracker was unable to any PostgreSQL databases."
BigErf

Postby BigErf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:31 pm

AHHH! I figured out how to enter the password into PT3 and I was able to create a new database. And all worked well.. until I restarted my computer. Now I get the same message: PokerTracker was unable to connect to any PostgreSQL databases. Please make sure you have PostgreSQL running.

In "Start > Programs > Postgres > Start." I hit "start service" and that doesn't work.

In "Task Manager" I see postgres.exe processes.

I've tried disabling my firewall and launching PT3 and that doesn't work.

I don't know what else to do.
BigErf

Postby kraada » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:09 pm

What firewall are you using?
kraada

Postby BigErf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:41 pm

Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall - that's the only one I know of.

I do have StopSign Software for internet security but I don't believe a firewall is installed with it. Is there a different way to find this out?
BigErf

Next

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]