outdated database

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

outdated database

Postby oman57 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:57 pm

need help with trying to import into trial version.

this is what it says when i try to manual import or auto import.
2009/12/01 19:44:31: Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: PokerTracker is configured to import into an outdated database. This must be corrected before an import can succeed.
2009/12/01 19:44:31: Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: PokerTracker is configured to import into an outdated database. This must be corrected before an import can succeed.

please help with this.
oman57

Re: outdated database

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:38 am

I assume you just updated from an older version of PT3?

In this sort of case the easiest thing to do is to start a new database and re-import your hands.
If you have your original hand history files (probably in the PokerTracker 3\Processed folder) then you can import from those, but otherwise you can export them from your current database first.

Because you are using the trial you cannot directly create a new database so you will need to make PT3 forget about your current database so that it creates a new one for you.

Make sure you export your hands first!

Close PT3 down.
Make a copy of, and then edit the file:
C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data\Config\PokerTracker.cfg
..and remove all the DB1.xxx lines from the [Database] section.
Save the file then restart PT3 and it will create a new database.

You can then use Manual Import to import your hands again.
WhiteRider

Postby TheMightyMos » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:41 am

Hi,

I'm getting the same error message several times over every time I begin the auto import feature for my trial of Poker Tracker 3 for Mac. Just so you know, I also have Poker Tracker installed on my Boot Camp partition that I was using for a while before the Mac version came out. It hasn't affected my HUD or my ability to import hands (I think). It just stalls the program for about a minute, then over a hundred messages come rushing saying it can't import specific hand history files or that it can't begin the feeder import process. Once it finishes that, I'm able to auto import hands just fine and use the program just fine. I also keep my Full Tilt hand history stored on my MobileMe iDisk. Could that be a problem? I do this because I have two Macs, and I like to make sure the Hand Histories are accessible by both computers. Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,
Mos :D
TheMightyMos

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:20 am

Please read the Tutorial - Preventing Duplicates.

Are you using a new database on the Mac, or have you connected to a previously existing database?
WhiteRider

Postby TheMightyMos » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:02 pm

I realized what it was. I had certain hand histories on that volume that weren't completely downloaded when I merged my Hand Histories initially. So there were empty files. I dumped them and it fixed the problem. Thanks!
TheMightyMos

Postby kraada » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Glad to hear you got things sorted :)
kraada

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]