Help Setting Up kraada's Advanced HUD

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Help Setting Up kraada's Advanced HUD

Postby Omega Dog » Wed May 12, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm trying to set up kraada's Advanced HUD and need a couple of pointers. I have successfully downloaded the zip file from the Advanced HUD post by kraada and have imported all of the stats as well as the layout. My confusion is with this part of the readme file:

"If you have installed previous versions of this HUD, there are a few changes. In order to have these changes available to you, you will need to remove ALL -colored statistics."

I have been running the advanced HUD from the original August 31, 2008 post. I have never used the HUD that had positions factored into the data to this point. However, the first advanced HUD did have colored stats. So, do I need to remove any colored stats? If so, where do I find them?

Thanks for the help!
Omega Dog

Re: Help Setting Up kraada's Advanced HUD

Postby kraada » Thu May 13, 2010 9:51 am

Do you actually want those changes (ie- lowered sample sizes before Xes turn into numbers and the modified color range for 3bet NvBS)?
kraada

Postby Omega Dog » Thu May 13, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi kraada! Thanks for the reply.

I am looking forward to the modified color range and if you think that the lowered sample size is the way to go then I would like to give it a try as well.

By the way, is there a difference between the HUD download from the forum post vs the one from the repository?

Thanks.
Omega Dog

Postby Omega Dog » Thu May 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Also, doesn't the Limp Behind % use the modified 2% color margins as well?
Omega Dog

Postby kraada » Thu May 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Yeah I think the posted one currently has that - I've changed it in the profile I'm actually using and I'm hoping to get a chance to start working up a major revision to the entire thread with some new stuff for you guys. (In my HUD now I use RWPC/Fold to 3-bet for the color . . . I just never ended up paying attention to people's LWPC %)

To delete the stats so that they reimport properly you click Configure --> Configure Statistics, choose the Holdem Cash Player Statistics section and go to the Stats tab. Find the stat on the left, click it, and click the Delete button on the right. It will prompt you to see if you're sure, say yes.

When you import the new profile the new versions of the stats shoudl be created.
kraada

Postby Omega Dog » Thu May 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Jeez, it sounds like I'm making a mess of this then. When I started to read the readme file I started following the instructions for importing the files from the zip folder. So I've already imported the new stats and layout.

So what I'm thinking, to address that problem I'll just go through and delete ALL of the colored stats and then re-import the stats from the latest layout. Would that solve the "colored stat problem?"

Secondly, what prompted me to ask for help is that I didn't see the custom positional stats or columns your readme file referred to (ending with _ep, _mp, ect..). Am I correct in understanding that they are not there because I never downloaded and imported any of your layouts that required them (i.e. I only used your original advanced HUD)?

Sorry for the trouble. I'm kind of a "set it and forget it" kind of guy but I'm learning a lot from your posts so hopefully I need as much help in the future.

Thanks for the help!
Omega Dog

Postby kraada » Thu May 13, 2010 2:28 pm

It's ok, my HUD has gone through several pretty substantial evolutions.

For a while, PT3 didn't have the built in functionality is has now to just set a flag on a stat and have it show the data only from certain positions, so I built those manually. If you never had positional data (I think that was new for mark 2), then just importing the new one will be fine, there's nothing for you to worry about deleting. The positional stuff is awfully nice though, I'm sure you'll quite like it once you've gotten used to it :)
kraada

Postby Omega Dog » Thu May 13, 2010 2:43 pm

Yes, I think the positional stats will be amazing!

As far as the colored stats go, I was was using some from the original advanced HUD. In fact I changed some of the colors to help with visibility. Will those affect your latest HUD? If so, will simple deleting all of my colored stats then re-importing your latest zip file fix that?
Omega Dog

Postby Omega Dog » Thu May 13, 2010 2:51 pm

Also, looking at the new stats I noticed that "3Bet Preflop NvBS - colored" doesn't have any color conditions under the "Colors" tab in the "Holdem Cash Player Statistics" window. Is this normal?
Omega Dog

Postby kraada » Thu May 13, 2010 4:15 pm

If you delete the stat the colors set up with it go as well. You can then go edit the colors after importing them all of course and they'll work fine.

I really thought the profile that was uploaded was supposed to have the 3bet nvbs colors working right. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll shoot you an email with a screenshot of how I have those colors set up.
kraada

Next

Return to General [Read Only]