Text depending on Stat

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Text depending on Stat

Postby Skull_AK » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:56 am

hi
i would like to know if its possible to change the text depending on the value of a stat in a position
i.e. i want to show one text if vpip is between 1 and 2 in ep other text if vpip is between 2 an 2.5 in mp and so...
thanks in advance
Skull_AK

Re: Text depending on Stat

Postby kraada » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:23 am

The short answer is that yes you can do this - you'd do it in the Format tab of the stat in question. There are a lot of ways you can use the format expression and they are explained in the Tutorial: Using Custom Statistics and Reports.

The longer answer is that while you can change the text of the stat displayed based on various values, in order to display based on the specific example you gave, you'd have to create a custom column for each value as there needs to be column data to reference. Since the position statistic information is stored at a higher level than columns, that particular data won't be easily come by without creating multiple extra columns.
kraada

Postby Blackbay » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi!

Can someone please give some examples on how to write a formula like this?

Kim
Blackbay

Postby kraada » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:39 am

If you give me a specific version you'd like built I'll try to build it for you.
kraada

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]