Unable to connect to the database

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Unable to connect to the database

Postby minihulk22 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi ,
I've a problem with PT3 when I it's starts :
"Unable to create PostgreSQL database :
PT3_2010_07_04_203439
Reason: Unable to login to databse (template1). Reason:
could not connect to server : Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and
accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? "
Thanks in advance
minihulk22

Re: Unable to connect to the database

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:19 am

Have you had PT3 working before?
Do you have PostgreSQL installed and running? Do you see any postgres.exe process in Task Manager > Processes?
Please read our Firewall Guide as this is a common cause of this issue.
WhiteRider

Postby bblong » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:29 am

I have exactly the same problem. I've had PT3 run successfully before. Only difference is I defragmented my C drive between the last time I used PT3 and now. Could it be a reason ? If yes, how to solve it.
I have disabled my firewall just in case but even with the firewall open, PT3 usually works.
bblong

Postby bblong » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:47 am

And actually I can't even create a new database. I have the same error message as mentioned above. HELP please !
bblong

Postby kraada » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:24 am

Click Start --> Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Event Viewer. In the Application logs, do you see any errors for PostgreSQL? If so, what do they say? If you have trouble with this, or can't find any errors please create a support ticket and one of our technicians will assist you further in getting everything working properly again.
kraada

Postby bblong » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:48 am

Dear Kraada,

The first error message of the day said: could not map view of backend variables: error code 6
I had a couple of those, all the same and also an information type message concerning PostgreSQL that said: 2010-10-30 14:09:36 HKT LOG: loaded library "$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll"

Thanks
B
bblong

Postby kraada » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:42 am

Please zip up and attach the last 5 files in your C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\pg_log folder to a support ticket so that we can investigate further for you.
kraada

Postby Yorkie6013 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:05 am

Ive just had exactly the same problem.

Last used PT3 a week go when i was on FTP for the 2+1. Started it up today, began importing, minimized, started FTP and started playing cash. 50 or so hands in, PC starts going slow, opens task manager and sees CPU use at max. Looks at PT3 and sees nothing but red errors all over the stat columns. Stops PT3, CPU back to normal. Stops and exits FTP, restarts PT3 and gets the exact same errors as above. Goes through the firewall check list and find that none of the 4 are now on the allowed list. Not sure exactly why, only reason I can think of is i installed a shed load of windows updates this morning (I do them when i want so not on auto-update). Re-added files, rebooted PC, everything back to normal by the looks of it.
Yorkie6013

Postby kraada » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:07 am

Please restart PT3 using the Logging Enabled link on your Start menu, reproduce and report this problem - your log files will contain significant data which we can use to diagnose the problem that you are experiencing in greater detail.
kraada

Postby Yorkie6013 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:13 pm

I obviously wasnt clear enough.

I dont have any problems.

I did have exactly the same as above, but found that the 4 links in the firewall guide were no longer in my allowed programs list for my firewall. The cause for this im presuming is something to do with 1 of the windows updates i just installed (not updated any for over a month) as it was working fine before i updated.

Once again, I dont have any problem. The above was posted so that anyone else with the problem should check firewall settings to see if theirs have changed after installing windows updates.
Yorkie6013

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]