Where do I download PT3 with Postgresql?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Where do I download PT3 with Postgresql?

Postby CaptnCanary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:17 am

Hi. I am currently in the process of changing operating system on my PC to Windows 7. Initially I am installing it on an old PC to check all works OK and all of my software works. I want to install PT3 with Postgresql but I cannot see where I can download PT3 including postgresql. I think the only download files I can see are the update files? Where do I download PT3 with Postgre these days?
CaptnCanary

Re: Where do I download PT3 with Postgresql?

Postby CaptnCanary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:38 am

Also, can you advise me the best way/order in which to install PT2 and PT3 and Postgresql to minimise problems with getting them all working and transferring my databases across? I know PT2 is no longer supported but I still like to have it up and running for some of my old hand histories that still do not convert to PT3.
CaptnCanary

Postby kraada » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:12 pm

PT3 automatically downloads and installs PostgreSQL if PostgreSQL is not installed on the system currently. The easiest way to get things going with the setup you describe is probably to install PT2 first, configure it with PostgreSQL, then download and install PT3 and connect it to that existing version of PostgreSQL.
kraada

Postby CaptnCanary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:21 pm

Are you sure thats the best way? If PT3 downloads and installs postgre for me, then is there a reason not to install PT3 first and then PT2? If I install PT2 first, which version of postgre should I install? Also, do I still have to contact Pat for a PT2 registration code?
CaptnCanary

Postby kraada » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:55 pm

PT2 is much happier with PostgreSQL 8.2.x - the latest version is 8.2.18, available here. You'll need to create a support ticket in order to get your new PT2 code.
kraada

Postby CaptnCanary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:00 pm

My current PC with PT2 and PT3 installed has only Postgre 8.3 installed and PT2 works fine on there. For obvious reasons I would like to use the most up to date version of Postgre that I can. Sorry if it appears I am asking the same question over again. I am just very keen to get this right first time and with the minimum of complication to my new system. In this first test on my old PC it does not matter too badly if something goes wrong as that is the point of testing it on my old PC with the new OS. So in that case what would you recommend I try?
CaptnCanary

Postby kraada » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:11 pm

8.3 should work as well but PT2 will not work with 8.4 or higher.

The latest 8.3 version is available here.
kraada

Postby CaptnCanary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:17 pm

OK I will try to install Postgre 8.3 then PT2 then PT3
Can you point me in the direction of a guide to correctly installing postgre 8.3 on Windows 7?
CaptnCanary

Postby kraada » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:15 pm

There are no changes specific to Windows 7. Download, unzip and run the main .msi file from the zip file I linked. The installer will look the same as in our installation guide on our documentation page; you can follow the steps as explained there (skipping the bits about uninstalling, of course).
kraada

Postby CaptnCanary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:49 pm

OK I found the instructions. However, when I reach the 'Initialize Database Cluster' section on Page 19, I enter the details as required by the instructions, then when I click next I get an error message pop up saying ' The 'Secondary Logon' service is not running. This service is required for the installer to initialize the database. Please start the service and try again.'
I cannot proceed beyond this step in the installation. Any ideas what the problem is and how I resolve it?
Thanks
CaptnCanary

Next

Return to General [Read Only]