Help in building succesful float attempt stats

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Help in building succesful float attempt stats

Postby LessonsAreExtra » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi all, I tried to mess up with a new category but I couldn't make it.

I'm trying to build a successful float attempt stats in terms of $won and of times villain folded.

I tought I could use the columns:

amt_won (or cnt_hands_won) WHEN cnt_f_float_opp AND cnt_t_float
[I'm ANDing them cause I'm not sure wheter definition of float are identical since one states you're calling when IP and are not the PFRaiser]

related like this. But when I try to build it there's no WHEN operator ? How can I do this?

Please help me out.. Thanks
LessonsAreExtra

Re: Help in building succesful float attempt stats

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:13 am

To do this you will need to build a new column to count the number of times that your float bet won immediately, or how much money you won when you made a float bet.
You can do this in the same way that the built-in stat "Cbet Success Percentage" works.

To do this we need to take the column which counts the number of float bets ( let's use turn float as an example – cnt_t_float) and include checks for not seeing the river and not facing a raise, which means that the bet won immediately.

cnt_t_float =
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_float, 1, 0])

So:

cnt_t_float_success =
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_float AND NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_saw) AND NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_face_raise), 1, 0])

Then you can build your "Turn Float Success" stat as:

(cnt_t_float_success / cnt_t_float) * 100

If you want to see how much money you won or lost in hands where you made a turn float then instead of counting the hands by counting 1 for each time you made a float bet you can count the amount of money you won in a new column, like this:

amt_won_t_float =
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_float, holdem_hand_player_statistics.amt_won, 0])

..and then add a stat to display that.

For more information on building stats from columns like these please see the Tutorial: Custom Reports and Statistics.
WhiteRider

Postby LessonsAreExtra » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:19 am

Great! Thank you a lot, man!

I looked that tutorial, but it's pretty hard the first time, I've never done anything with database before excluding for website, but CMS did everything for me.

Thanks a lot for the input, I'm going to test it right now. :D
LessonsAreExtra

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:56 am

You're welcome - if you have any problems you know where we are. :)
WhiteRider

Postby LessonsAreExtra » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:34 am

Ok I put the stats in, and they both work fine. Btw I'm building this for PLO (I changed holdem to omaha in the expression and they work fine! :) )

What I' trying to find out though is when my float attempt are working when I'm holding insufficient hand value.
So I'd like to exclude those times when I called a bet when I have odds to do so. I don't think, correct me if I'm wrong, that is possible to compare outs etc, but there is one thing that most likely indicate if I'm floating to steal: bet size. I'm unlikely to call a full pot bet with thin value, but it's more probable that I'm calling lighter when people make weak stab cbet OOP after having raised.

Is it possible to restrain these stats to those time when the bet I'm calling was not a full pot one? (or maybe smaller than 85 - 90% of the pot?) :?:

Another question, I'd like the $$ stat to appear in the summary section, but when I chose available stats, it does not appear
LessonsAreExtra

Postby LessonsAreExtra » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:04 am

And another one, sorry for bothering you.

The float turn stats shows all the hand where I call flop IP and bet turn when checked or only those when I called a preflop raise, called a flop bet and bet the turn when checked to?
LessonsAreExtra

Postby LessonsAreExtra » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:18 am

Mh. I managed to build a new stat amt_won_t_float in the Omaha Cash Sessions section using the same expression you gave me, but when I put it in the summary to display all numberes in the player summary go crazy showing 2000$ I've never won (sigh)
LessonsAreExtra

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:27 am

EcceGallo wrote:What I' trying to find out though is when my float attempt are working when I'm holding insufficient hand value.
So I'd like to exclude those times when I called a bet when I have odds to do so. I don't think, correct me if I'm wrong, that is possible to compare outs etc, but there is one thing that most likely indicate if I'm floating to steal: bet size. I'm unlikely to call a full pot bet with thin value, but it's more probable that I'm calling lighter when people make weak stab cbet OOP after having raised.

Is it possible to restrain these stats to those time when the bet I'm calling was not a full pot one? (or maybe smaller than 85 - 90% of the pot?) :?:

You're right that you can't compare outs, but you can use the size of the bet on the previous street.
The database fields are "omaha_hand_player_detail.amt_f_bet_facing" (the absolute amount of the bet that you faced on the flop) and "omaha_hand_player_detail.val_f_bet_facing_pct" (the bet amount as a percentage of the pot before the bet).

So for instance you could add a check for "omaha_hand_player_detail.val_f_bet_facing_pct < 50", like this:

cnt_t_float_success_small_bet =
sum(if[omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_float AND NOT(omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_saw) AND NOT(omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_face_raise) AND omaha_hand_player_detail.val_f_bet_facing_pct < 50, 1, 0])

You will need to make the same change to the other column as well.

EcceGallo wrote:Another question, I'd like the $$ stat to appear in the summary section, but when I chose available stats, it does not appear

You can't build stats like these in the "Session" sections because we need information about individual hands, which we do not have in the session section.

EcceGallo wrote:And another one, sorry for bothering you.

The float turn stats shows all the hand where I call flop IP and bet turn when checked or only those when I called a preflop raise, called a flop bet and bet the turn when checked to?

No bother – that's what we're here for. :-)

Float Turn counts all hands where you called a bet on the flop and bet the turn when checked to – it does not need you to have called Preflop raise.
WhiteRider

Postby LessonsAreExtra » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:53 am

Ok, meanwhile I modified the first column of the stat this way (I did not modify the other one though, is it right? I think it's not relevant to total turn float attempt)

cnt_t_float_success_noshowdown

sum(if[omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_float AND NOT(omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_showdown) AND NOT(omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_face_raise), 1, 0])

This way it does include those time when I float and double barrel. Note I'm always looking for successful bluff attempt, I don't want to know when I float and get to the showdown with a hand of sort.
Now when I add the check for pot size I write(I still have to add the check to the other column):

sum(if[omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_float AND (omaha_hand_player_detail.val_f_bet_facing_pct < 50) AND NOT(omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_showdown) AND NOT(omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_face_raise), 0, 1, 0])

but I get it's not a valid SQL expression, and I don't get why.
LessonsAreExtra

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:17 pm

EcceGallo wrote:sum(if[omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_float AND (omaha_hand_player_detail.val_f_bet_facing_pct < 50) AND NOT(omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_showdown) AND NOT(omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_face_raise), 0, 1, 0])

You have an extra ", 0" at the end of your expression - try this:

sum(if[omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_float AND (omaha_hand_player_detail.val_f_bet_facing_pct < 50) AND NOT(omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_showdown) AND NOT(omaha_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_face_raise), 1, 0])
WhiteRider

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]