Feedback on vector HUD - I really don't like it

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Feedback on vector HUD - I really don't like it

Postby Erlebnis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi,

I'm playing in a 1440x900, 19' monitor.

Back in the day I had to tweak PT3's hud a bit to multitable in nice tiles without ruining screen estate. In the end I was using font size *5* with a crisp and clear HUD as you can see here (only VPIP and PFR are size 6):

When I imported into PT4, the small fonts are blurred and just unreadable - even though they take only slightly less table space.

In order to have proper readable numbers in my tables, I had to increase font size to astonishing 9 (10 for VPIP and PFR). Result is: the HUD occupies waaay too much space.

So... I don't believe there is a way to "turn off" the vectoring, right? I'd much prefer that. The only think that would be nice vectored anyway is the note icon (which was indeed huge in PT3, that's why I didn't even use it).

I know the fact that once I increased my table size my HUD in PT3 kept small. But I only did it VERY rarely and still the numbers were big enough for easy read. Not with PT4 the numbers are bigger and harder to read anyway since they are all blurred.

Thanks,

ps: oh damn. Thanks to the JPEGing the first one looks a bit blurred anyway. But trust me, in my screen the first one is 100% crisp, the 2nd is (as you probably notice) quite bad and the 3rd is only acceptable but still fuzzy enough to strain my eyes. If you need it I can take new screenshots and save on BMP or something.
Erlebnis

Re: Feedback on vector HUD - I really don't like it

Postby Erlebnis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Just to add so you have an idea, the tables have a resol. of aprox. 535x395
Erlebnis

Postby KuPoB_K » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:22 pm

png format is always best and i personally prefer it.
KuPoB_K

Postby StevenM » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Erlebnis wrote:
When I imported into PT4, the small fonts are blurred and just unreadable - even though they take only slightly less table space.

In order to have proper readable numbers in my tables, I had to increase font size to astonishing 9 (10 for VPIP and PFR). Result is: the HUD occupies waaay too much space.

Please use one of the default HUD profiles built into PT4 and report back to us, this may be a factor of converting your PT3 HUD design. Thank you, hope we can find a solution that works for your needs!
StevenM

Postby Erlebnis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:22 pm

StevenM wrote:
Erlebnis wrote:

Please use one of the default HUD profiles built into PT4 and report back to us, this may be a factor of converting your PT3 HUD design. Thank you, hope we can find a solution that works for your needs!

Thanks a lot for the reply!

The built in HUD does look slightly better, but I think it's mainly because it has less info and is slimmer overall. The numbers are a bit fuzzy in both, as you can see:

Some numbers are readable; some bulky ones like 86 or 58 etc blurr quite a bit. But even sole numbers like a 2 alone are a bit hard on the eyes to read. I'm looking at a 67 here on my screen now and it could well be 07.

It's far from unreadable but I wouldn't like to strain my eyes over long hours because of fuzzy numbers :(

(edited for a couple of typos)
Erlebnis

Postby random » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Cant you just disable bold and recreate it like it's done in PT3 ?
random

Postby StevenM » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Erlebnis wrote:The built in HUD does look slightly better, but I think it's mainly because it has less info and is slimmer overall. The numbers are a bit fuzzy in both, as you can see:

Some numbers are readable; some bulky ones like 86 or 58 etc blurr quite a bit. But even sole numbers like a 2 alone are a bit hard on the eyes to read. I'm looking at a 67 here on my screen now and it could well be 07.

Can you post a screencapture of your entire desktop? I'd like to see the size of your tables and how many you are tiling to get a rough idea of how small the tables are. I am not experiencing the same issue over here, we are going to have to look into the "fuzzies" for you. One of our support reprs will guide you shortly, we may need some additional information (I am not part of the support team but I am helping out during the soft launch).

In the meantime, sounds like you are a perfect candidate to use a new feature - you can set the hover opacity for table groups so they only show when needed, this will allow you to create larger table groups that are not blurry yet "dissapear" into the background of the table. See the screen shot below, change your Display Type to Lower Opacity Until Mouse Over. You can further customise the opacity by clicking HUD - HUD Options you will find the bottom slider under General Settings will help.

Good luck!

Display Type.png
StevenM

Postby Erlebnis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:25 pm

random wrote:Cant you just disable bold and recreate it like it's done in PT3 ?

I had tried it; it actually looks much much worse and gets borderline unreadable.

Erlebnis

Postby Messenjupp » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:36 pm

I have the same problem....I tile 6 tables on a 22" monitor and the size of the numbers is even 11 but it is kinda blurry too
Messenjupp

Postby Peligroso » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:16 am

If you're having this problem, please reproduce the problem and attach the PokerTracker4.log file (located in the "C:/Users/*Username*/AppData/Local/PokerTracker 4" folder, can also be accessed via File -> "Show Data Directory") to a Support Ticket along with a screenshot of your full desktop. That way we'll also get some additional information such as GPU etc which can help us identify the problem.
Peligroso

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4