Custom HUD stats preflop raise size

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Custom HUD stats preflop raise size

Postby Lakestone » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Greetings,

Is it possible to add my own HUD stat to display how often my opponent open raises at least 2BB's between 30-35 big blinds effective from the SB (blind vs blind) in a SNG - and how do I manage this?

I also wonder how to make a filter for this in the reports, so that I can check many players at once as an alias.

Regards
Lakestone

Re: Custom HUD stats preflop raise size

Postby kraada » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:58 pm

Yes this can certainly be done. See this tutorial for details on how to set up this kind of custom stat.
kraada

Postby Lakestone » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:27 pm

kraada wrote:Yes this can certainly be done. See this tutorial for details on how to set up this kind of custom stat.

I forgot to mention that I'm completely new to this program, so that post didn't help me much. All I saw was the explanation of M and some code-rows. Where do I actually create my custom HUD stat and how would my query look like?

Thanks so far
Lakestone

Postby kraada » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:48 pm

This is done in the Configure --> Configure Statistics area. For a more detailed tutorial and walkthrough on custom statistics please see the Tutorial: Using Custom Statistics and Reports.
kraada

Postby Lakestone » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:38 pm

kraada wrote:This is done in the Configure --> Configure Statistics area. For a more detailed tutorial and walkthrough on custom statistics please see the Tutorial: Using Custom Statistics and Reports.

Thank you Kraada, I will read it all before asking for a spoon feed :lol:
However, I have another question for something completely different:
I'd like to check general player tendencies, therefore, I want to tie all players in my database to one alias. I noticed that I cannot select multiple players at once. I know how to open up PqAdmin and the query window, but what will my query look like? I did this in Holdem Manager, but since I'm considering switching to the Dark Side a k a PokerTracker :D, I first need to know of this is possible (or maybe there's an even better solution?).

Edit: Oh, and the query must of course take into consideration that if two players have played each other, only one of them can be added to the alias (preferably the one with most hands played).

Regards
Lakestone

Postby kraada » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:53 pm

You can check any queries that PT4 runs by looking in the log file - they're all written there. You can find the log file by clicking File --> Show Data Directory in PT4. The log file is the PokerTracker4.log text file located there.

You can create aliases in PT4 by clicking the small person icon next to player names - of course, aliases can only be created against players who did not play in a hand together (attempting to do so would cause an error).
kraada

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:59 am

You can see overall player stats in the Summary tab, or in a custom report - linking all your players as aliases isn't really a practical solution once you have enough players to get any meaningful data.
WhiteRider

Postby Lakestone » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:07 am

WhiteRider wrote:You can see overall player stats in the Summary tab, or in a custom report - linking all your players as aliases isn't really a practical solution once you have enough players to get any meaningful data.

That sounds like something that I need. I'd like to create a report where I can see how often the general player raises 2-2.5 bb from the button, 30-35 big blinds deep in a HU S&G. I cannot seem to find the correct columns though, and how could I use this as dynamic hud stat later (between the current BB-5 & BB+5, so for minraise 30bb it would use data from 25-35bb).

I would love a little bit of assistance here :?
Lakestone

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:16 am

The easiest way to do a report like this would actually involve a stat that won't be useful for the HUD - but you can create one stat that breaks down your report into rows with one row per bet size.

The way to do this is to create a column with the Group By box ticked - when that box is ticked each value is used to create its own row. For example this following expression:

if[tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise > 0, 1, if[tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_vpip, 2, 3]]

when used in a stat would break the report down into three rows - the first row where players raised preflop, the second where players put some money in but did not raise, and the third for all other hands.

So what you want to do is group the data by the bet size a player made, then use filters to see data from positions and kinds of games, etc.

So you would start with something like this:

if[tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise and tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made BETWEEN (2 / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) and (2.5 / tourney_blinds.amt_bb), 1, if[tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise and tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made <= (3.0 / tourney_blinds.amt_bb), ....

And you can keep breaking it down - keep in mind that if a hand matches an earlier if it can't match a later one.

Then just create a stat displaying that value (you could use a complex format statement to make it display more useful text if you'd like as well) and it will break things down into the rows you have specified.
kraada

Postby Lakestone » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:54 am

kraada wrote:2advanced4u

It took me about 18h of work before grasping all of that, but now I think I understand it all, so thank you :P .

About the cache
When experimenting, I noticed that I got the same results over and over, even though I changed my columns drastically. Even after updating the cache using Housekeeping and restarting the program, nothing changes. I literally have to recreate all of my custom columns and the custom statistics for it to update. I tried searching but couldn't find the answer. I am now using the latest version of the Beta (the stable version had the same issue), on Win XP 64 bit.
Lakestone

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]