Initial Review

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Initial Review

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:15 am

I don't know where to post this so i will post here and add on as I dig deeper into PT4.

Overall Impression: Very impressed

1 - PT4 needs to be upfront and target each type of user.

Grinders / experienced players: Let everyone know right off the bat that the database import will take on average 4 - 6 hours. Experienced players know that, it's a free preview, and the players can import before he goes to sleep. Nothing worse then someone wanting to grind or play right away and having issues caused by the database import that could have been avoided. Suggest that you state that in your network assistant (nice feature).

New Players: Better that they just tryout a real cheap SNG (play chips supported?)and mess around with the HUD settings before they tackle database.

I had to reinstall the program because i wasn't prepared for the time involved and wasn't sure by closing the program that some hand errors might mess up the database.

2 - The next step is adjusting your tourney results to check PT4 accuracy. You need to add the Finish Position column in the Edit Tournament Results window so that tourneys can be sorted and edited for winnings. This will make make editing all the satellites such a snap. This is very important to add IMO.

3 - I have noticed that when you have tourney results displayed and then have Basic / By Tournamnet option that sometimes selecting the Advanced option will cause the program to only display Populating. After few minutes I will select other options like By Date and go back until it displays properly.
pt4pt4pt4

Re: Initial Review

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:26 am

Play Poker feature: Is it a concern of having someone write a script or hack that can easily interface into the PT4 software? I don't see the need for this option and any additional security problem should be avoided.

is there a way to import stars rebuy info for each tourney rather then editing them manually? PS provides HTML and csv reports, will PT4 read them and update the tourneys?
pt4pt4pt4

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:48 am

fact that you can add more then 5 color ranges in the Hud is great. what is the max?

you can save the color ranges as a preset is definite plus.

If i want to save the Hud settings and copy the files so that i can mess around with the Hud further, which files do i need to copy so that i can reinstall my Hud to my preferred state after?
pt4pt4pt4

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:15 am

i don't see any table stats like

Avg PFR & VPIP for the table?

Call any PFR ?
pt4pt4pt4

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:34 am

if I adjust the Hud stats colors while playing it resets the players huds to default position whether I have the stats locked or not.

winnings stat color is showing me green and i have no green. doesn't seem to be picking up color ranges.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:21 am

Thanks for your comments! I won't answer every single point here, but they will be considered.

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:Play Poker feature: Is it a concern of having someone write a script or hack that can easily interface into the PT4 software? I don't see the need for this option and any additional security problem should be avoided.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Can you explain your concerns?

is there a way to import stars rebuy info for each tourney rather then editing them manually? PS provides HTML and csv reports, will PT4 read them and update the tourneys?

Rebuys mentioned in the hand history files should be imported, and we are working to improve detection of those which aren't mentioned (rebuys before the start of a tournament and addons). If you have an example of some which aren't detected correctly please attach the full hand history file to a Support Ticket and we'll pass them on to the development team to see if they can be picked up.

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:fact that you can add more then 5 color ranges in the Hud is great. what is the max?

There is no maximum - you can add as many color ranges as you like.

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:If i want to save the Hud settings and copy the files so that i can mess around with the Hud further, which files do i need to copy so that i can reinstall my Hud to my preferred state after?

The easiest way is probably to Export your profile, or duplicate it to continue changing just one copy. (Use the Options button)
Alternatively, if you want to be able to reset all HUD Profiles to a certain point you can make a copy of the file "layouts.pt4", which you can find in the "Data" sub-folder when you go to File > Open User Data Folder.
WhiteRider

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Can you explain your concerns

What I meant was that PT4 can start your poker application through Play Poker. Was wondering if any way that security could be breached when you enter your userid and password for Stars through the PT4 module?

I think that by default your Hud Stats should be unlocked. Doubt many will have the stats on the table the way they like it.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:06 pm

You do not enter your poker site username and password into PT4. All that happens when you launch the client from PT4 is that we tell Windows to run an application - there is no security issue.

Once you have positioned the stats where you want them click the PT-icon and choose Save Layout and the stats will be in the same positions for all new tables. If you need to make a quick tweak you can also move stats by holding the control key down while you drag the stats.
WhiteRider

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:54 am

Tried the ICM Quiz and backup, very nice and no problems.

If i adjust my satellite winnings will they be saved in the backup and Export hands if i had to ever recover the database?

The only problem with adjusting the amount of chips won colors in tourney was that i had green color (didn't set it) and couldn't get it follow the logical rules i set for it. known problem?
pt4pt4pt4

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:11 am

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:Tried the ICM Quiz and backup, very nice and no problems.

If i adjust my satellite winnings will they be saved in the backup and Export hands if i had to ever recover the database?

Yes - when you export from PokerTracker we write a tournament summary as well as the hand histories.

The only problem with adjusting the amount of chips won colors in tourney was that i had green color (didn't set it) and couldn't get it follow the logical rules i set for it. known problem?

Can you please explain what you're trying to do - I don't quite understand your issue?
WhiteRider

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4