PT3+PT4, HUD

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT3+PT4, HUD

Postby rockcityman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:30 pm

#Poor English language skills, sorry.
I bought HM2 when it's released and after 6k+ bugfix and several problem, I decided to try the PT3. I like it. In the evening I install PT4. It's just beta, but I run to fewer problem then the months ago "stable" HM2.

I tried to run PT3 and PT4 together, because want to export HUD (what I make yesterday) from PT3. I got an error message "unhandled exception" (or maybe operation, can't remember exactly). The export is done. Both of the programs run as normal, but PT4 randomly give this error message when I close PT3 too, as long as restrart PT4. It's just very little problem, I can't see any mistake, just this error message. :)

I imported the HUD and positioned on the replayer and save it. After cloned the group, and renamed what I positioned and run the replayer again. It seemed like the new groups, hud parts were unpositioned.

I started to play and saw the HUD letters on the table is smaller then on the replayer. I turn off the vector scaling, but nothing change. Restart the HUD, nothing. Turn off, turn on the HUD, nothing. The restart solve the problem. It would be nice if it work without restart, however if it impossible, write a "Required PT4 restart." text behind it. ;)

After I modified the Hud ingame many times, it's lost. I wait some minutes, ended the gaming, see the replayer, but nothing. The HUD restart no, the PT4 restart solve the problem.

I like to write this post from the PT4 Community section, but can't do it. My state is signed in, but it want from me to sign in to make a thread. When I try this (but why? :D ) it's say I try to login too much times, make the captcha and try again... and again, and again (like The spoon killer trailer in the middle :D ).
rockcityman

Re: PT3+PT4, HUD

Postby kraada » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Could you please reproduce these errors in PT4 and then send us the PokerTracker4.log file via our support system? That will help us pin down exactly what is going on here for you. We have been running PT3 and PT4 side by side for well over a year on our end without any problems, so this should not be a general issue.

You can find the log file by clicking File --> Show User Data Folder in the main PT4 window - the file we want is the text file called PokerTracker4 that is in the window that appears.
kraada

Postby rockcityman » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:40 am

Tried again and PT3+PT4 running together with no error message, I can't reproduce this problem. If I run into any problem from now, I save out that file and send it to support if necessary. I will try the other things soon.
rockcityman

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:45 am

Thanks for the update - that's good to hear.
WhiteRider

Postby rockcityman » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:09 pm

I can reproduce the HUD renaming and the Community section problem. The logs saved out and I make screenshots from the Community section problem. I will send them at the Contact US menu.
rockcityman

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Thanks - we appreciate it.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4