NoteCaddy vs NoteTracker: Opinions ?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

NoteCaddy vs NoteTracker: Opinions ?

Postby Costel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:02 am

Look what Notecaddy developers are saying about Notecaddy compared to PT4 NoteTracker:
http://assaultware.blogspot.ro/2011/12/ ... -went.html
NoteTracker fails to provide any significant innovation over NoteCaddy

NoteTracker does not present a viable competitor to NoteCaddy

They have made a chart which compares NoteCaddy to NoteTracker. Main reasons why NoteCaddy is much way better are:
Variables 45 vs 4 in NoteTracker
Default note definitions 180 vs 35 in NoteTracker

And other features ONLY in NoteCaddy:
Filter notes based on player types
Spark graphs
Scatter graphs
Badges
Replay hands that were used for note creation
Custom note colors/font
Add notes to individual stat popups
Show how often a note occurred versus how often the player had the opportunity
Show how a player compares to the general player pool in notes
Filter notes to only show if a player performs in a manner significantly different than average
Cyborg Notes
Automatic color coding of PokerStars and OnGame players
Synchronize automatic and manual notes to/from PokerStars and OnGame
Hero session notes
Take notes on players based on how well SNGWiz® perceives their play
Bystander notes
Implicit strength/weakness
Display notes in the HUD as custom stats
Display full note text in the HUD
Show notes only based on the current game type, player count, average stack size
Customize note categories
Customize the order notes/categories are displayed in
Customize variable output
Overall, NoteTracker is a clone of NoteCaddy when it was first released.

How many tables can I play and still make sense of this wall of text?

etc.

I am a PokerTracker 4 fan guy and please don't misunderstand me, I am not advertising NoteCaddy competitors, I just want you to improve NoteTracker to be the best so I'm asking you now:
Are you gonna do something ? Are you gonna improve NoteTracker in such a way to be competitive as NoteCaddy is ? What about badges and variables (NoteCaddy has 45 variables) ?

Thank you !

PS: What is your opinion about this ? How do you comment to this ?
PPS: I love PT4 and NoteTracker.
Costel

Re: NoteCaddy vs NoteTracker: Opinions ?

Postby oracle3001 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:23 am

Seconded...I find the wall of text that NoteTracker provides next to useless when trying to make decision multi-tabling. So much so I have been really scrambling around to try and work out a way of doing my own thing.

In addition,

Spark graphs
Scatter graphs
Badges

Those 3 things are incredibly useful functionality, which NoteTracker really needs if it is going be even in the same ballpark as NoteCaddy.

As it stands, I basically ignore NoteTracker, even though it builds quickly and clearly has the underlying functionality to assess villains previous actions. Without a clear and concise table UI it just can't be used effectively.
oracle3001

Postby jynxy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:40 am

In fairness i think that one of the main draw backs of notetracker is that it doesn't really put the notes into context. Whenever i have a note saying that a guy raises flops weak, it doesn't say how often he doesn't. So i just have a note that says he can do this but not how often he does it.
I've brought this up before and was told that that might as well become a HUD stat. Whilst i do agree with that to a certain extent i'm not sure why it can't just be incorporated into notetracker.

Notecaddy is much much better than notetracker and it really bugs me because i don't want to have to use HEM2 at all but notecaddy gives a nice edge on everyone.

Badges is something that i really think should be incorporated. The other stuff i have a feeling will be trickier without pissing off notecaddy guys, but then im not really sure how it works. Maybe you are allowed to just copy them haha
jynxy

Postby Costel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 am

Also I suggested the following thing:
Many players already know that with a stack bellow 100BB on MTT/SNG would play different hands. With 100BB you will play more a more narrow range, very tight one, while with 10BB you are gonna play push/fold with a very large range.
But, this applies in MTT & SNG only while at cash games the situation changes.
While playing cash the stack size doesn't mater because the blind doesn't grow up, there isn't any blind structure to increase the big blind size. So, what it depends our range ?
The question is obviously very simple: if the villain plays very loose e.g. 62/5 or if he is very tight like 10/8 VPIP/PFR then we will adjust our range accordingly so other players do the same against us or any other players.
What we need ?
We need the possibility to create note definitions to according to how loose or tight is the villain. THIS !
And this is not actually possible.
I submitted this to support but I don't know if it will be really possible to do this on the feature updates.

I think PokerTracker programmers should take care about their (possible) customers opinions and don't simply ignore them because the Holdem Manager programers announces a very light and optimized and w/ lots options available on the next feature update. In conclusion, many players like NoteCaddy but don't like Holdem Manager and that's the main problem but when Holdem Manager will not be a problem anymore I think you are gonna loose many customers and feature possible customers. This is just my opinion and it should consists as a free advice for you to take care.
Costel

Postby kraada » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:42 am

I'm not going to get involved in this debate, I just want to say we are definitely listening to what you all are saying.

Edit to add: Please keep going - hearing this debate is useful for us.
kraada

Postby Costel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:30 pm

kraada wrote:I'm not going to get involved in this debate, I just want to say we are definitely listening to what you all are saying.

Edit to add: Please keep going - hearing this debate is useful for us.

Then DO something not just listening.
Costel

Postby jynxy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Just look at everything that notecaddy does and try to do it with your own pokertracker spin. Everything else HM does you have done better so this is just another thing that i'm sure you guys are gonna smash!
jynxy

Postby Costel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Also, direct color coding into PokerStars note file seems to be pure gold, awesome !
I wish NoteTracker do the same...
http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/imag ... coding.png
Costel

Postby badriver4me » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:11 am

Never heard of either of them (mostly casual player that took a long break after BF) until PT4 , NoteTracker is a nice addition to PokerTracker , but I don't think it's a fair comparison since the paid alternative has been out and improved on for a couple years now . Give PT developers some time ;)

Some features I'd like to see -

Tournament filter to completely disable or remove auto-notes on some games (Or perhaps add a T$10 or something similar to the end of the note)
The option to show notes only for the current BB range , something like the Tournament-Stacks filter
badriver4me

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Costel wrote:Also, direct color coding into PokerStars note file seems to be pure gold, awesome !
I wish NoteTracker do the same...
http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/imag ... coding.png

Takes 4 hours for Notecaddy to color my PokerStars database and you have to be logged out of PokerStars.

My batch files that you can copy and paste, takes only 5 min max for whole database and seconds for updates while you are still online and playing poker.

You can try the batch files out on the blog.
pt4pt4pt4

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4