HUD doesnt work for Poker Maximus Tournies on Merge

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

HUD doesnt work for Poker Maximus Tournies on Merge

Postby awoot14 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:29 pm

HUD works fine on non-PM tournies, but not on PM tournies. I assume its the new layout on the PM tables that interfere with the HUD somehow. A solution to fix it right now would be great since I am playing ATM.
awoot14

Re: HUD doesnt work for Poker Maximus Tournies on Merge

Postby ecwtaz4 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:47 pm

i am having the same problem. Glad to see i am not alone
ecwtaz4

Postby synwaves » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Me too, oh well it like flying with no instruments. If you cant do that, you have no business flying. Good Luck at PM3 :evil:
synwaves

Postby donkrx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Same here. This always seems to happen, I'm really starting to get pretty frustrated. As soon as there is any change in the name of a tournament, the entire thing breaks down. It must all be hardcoded because there's very little robustness in the table detection.

For those of you that really want stats, go to your play poker tab, then view todays hands, and sort it by time of day. You can replay hands from the tournament and in the Replayer itll pop up the HUD stats. This obviously doesnt work if you're playing more than the PM one, but for me I'm one tabling so its a reasonable work around.

But seriously PT crew, the tourney detection needs to be a bit more dynamic and robust to changes. The thing that seems even more frustrating to me is that the importer detects the correct table name but yet the HUD doesnt work........
donkrx

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:00 am

The Hud finds the table window based on the tournament name given in the hand histories. If there is a difference between the two then it won't be found automatically. As long as they match there should be no problem.

Please enable logging (Configure > Options) and restart PT4.
Play one of these tournaments and take a screenshot of the table window. Attach it to a Support Ticket along with the hand history file for the tournament and the PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\ (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) so that we can see what the difference is for these tournaments.
WhiteRider

Postby donkrx » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:37 pm

Well its real simple, for example last night I was Event #2.... here's what the discrepancy was:

Tournament name (based on table window): "PM #2: $15K Gtd"
Tournament name (base on hand history file): "PM #2%3A $15K Gtd"

The full filename for the hand history document is "PM #2%3A $15K Gtd (63878790-1).xml"

====

I tried to modify the TournamentDetect config file to no avail... I kinda wish we (the user) could input these discrepancies as they come up into some text based config file (like TournamentDetect) so that even if the poker site does something ridiculously unexpected, it can be immediately fixed. This is kinda what I meant by robustness in my previous post. Instead we have to take these on a case by case basis and fix problems retroactively (and in the case of special tournament Series', it's usually going to be too late). I understand why this happens believe me... the special characters and all... but is there not a way to prevent this from being an issue?
donkrx

Postby ipman1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:46 pm

i purhcased pokertracker 4 on thursday specifically for Poker Maximus III. now it works for all games except PM3 tourneys. I have logging enabled, any other ideas? this is pretty frustrating
ipman1

Postby StevenM » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:56 am

The Hud finds the table window based on the tournament name given in the hand histories. If there is a difference between the two then it won't be found automatically. As long as they match there should be no problem. If there is not a match then the error is caused by Merge... and it is something they will need to (and want to) fix. Contact your Merge skin's support representative if you find that this is the case and have then notify the network, if not then send us a screen capture of your table along with the hand histories in a support ticket so we can investigate further.

PS: I cannot find any support tickets yet with samples of the logs or hand histories that we need to perform further research. Please send this info to us ASAP. Please follow these instructions for submitting a Support Ticket.
StevenM

Postby StevenM » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Update : we can confirm that the HUD works on Poker Maximus SNGs and side events. We still need examples of Poker Maxiumus tournaments, please help!
StevenM

Postby Myster1970 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm having the same problem as everyone else here. Yes, I too can confirm that PT4 does work for the PM satellites, but the problem is with the actual tourneys. I'm currently playing in Poker Maximus event #13. Its a $11 buy in $7.5k guarantee (1r/1a) tourney. The hand history xml file for this tourney is named

PM #13%3A $7.5K Gtd - [1R%2F1A] (63443106-1)

Here's the top 2 lines in that file.

<description type="Holdem Tournament" stakes="No Limit" version="2"/>
<game id="64038895-1" starttime="2012/12/02 18:00:47 -0500" numholecards="2" gametype="23" seats="9" realmoney="true" data="20121202|PM #13%3A $7.5K Gtd - [1R%2F1A]|63443106-1|64038895-1|true" version="2">

Earlier today, I played in a $60 coupon satellite. where the HUD worked fine. That xml file name was:

PM $60 Coupon (64005996-1)

Here's the top 2 lines in that file.

<description type="Holdem Tournament" stakes="No Limit" version="2"/>
<game id="64034382-1" starttime="2012/12/02 16:03:09 -0500" numholecards="2" gametype="23" seats="9" realmoney="true" data="20121202|PM $60 Coupon|64005996-1|64034382-1|true" version="2">

Let me know what else you need to see to work on the problem.
Myster1970

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4