Having trouble with Configuring PostgreSQL Server

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Having trouble with Configuring PostgreSQL Server

Postby lindridgeben » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:00 am

Hello i have received my product key for Pokertracker 4, it then said it needs to install PostgreSQL as a database, after they tried to install it gave me the Postgre SQL server information which was
Server: localhost
Database User: postgres
Port: 5432
Password:dbpass

After I click connect it says unable to connect, please check configuration. I do not know if this is the right information or how to find the new information if needed, when i installed Pokertracker 4 on my old computer i do not think there was any problem, the new computer that i want to install Pokertracker 4 is a Laptop - Windows 8 - 64 bit operating system

I wonder if you could help me with this problem?

thanks
lindridgeben

Re: Having trouble with Configuring PostgreSQL Server

Postby kraada » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:03 am

Is PostgreSQL installed on your machine? Go to the start screen and type services.msc and click on it when it appears. Is PostgreSQL in the list? If so, can you start it?
kraada

Postby lindridgeben » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:47 am

I do not think it is installed, i do not have a start screen as such but a file explorer.....i clicked on my computer and typed in services.msc and a number of things came up but they were a little coded and there was nothing that said PostgreSQL. I tried to go on the PostgreSQL website and download it but that did not seem to work (although not sure i tried to download the right one) Just keen to get my Pokertracker 4 started so a little frustrating, any other steps i can take?

Everything is fine apart from this PostgreSQL

thanks
lindridgeben

Postby lindridgeben » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:00 am

When i click the Pokerstars Icon on my desktop, it says would you like Pokertracker to download and install PosrgreSQL for you, when i click yes it says "A data directory is registered in unknown variable postgresqlini but is neither empty or recognisable directory".

It then says the PostgreSQL installer did not complete successfully
lindridgeben

Postby lindridgeben » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:36 am

Hello i have sorted it, thanks for your help, I basically downloaded an older version of Postgre then used the password that pokertracker gave me and then everything seemed to work out, thanks for your help though
lindridgeben

Postby upperfield83 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:46 am

Hello

I have the same problem. What version did you download? Did you use dbpass as the password?
upperfield83

Postby lindridgeben » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:19 am

Hello, yes i used that as the password which was key and i downloaded an older version.......8. something i think...
lindridgeben

Postby kraada » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:47 am

PT3 (and PT4) support 8.3, 8.4 and 9.0.
kraada

Postby upperfield83 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:19 am

When i try to install PostgreSQL 9.0 i get this message. Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly. The database cluster initialisation failed.
upperfield83

Postby kraada » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:22 am

Please make sure that the Secondary Logon service is running. You can find that service by clicking Start typing services.msc and clicking on it when it appears. Secondary Logon will be listed - you'll want to right click it, click properties, and set it to Automatic and click the Start button.

Then uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL 9.0 and it should work properly.
kraada

Next

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]