Problem with my first custom statistic

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Problem with my first custom statistic

Postby Riverlucker » Mon May 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi there,

I just finished my first custom statistic. It seems to compute well, when I create a Report using my statistic, I receive the results that I expect. I can even apply filters such as in / out of position.
Here are the problems I am having:
1) I tried to add my statistic to one the HUD Popup Groups. However, when actually using one of the popups, my statistic always shows a "-" (minus)-symbol even for players where I know that they should have proper values.
2) Contrary to the player groups, my statistic seems to work fine when placed directly in one of the HUD profiles (not popups). However, here the filter on "in position" / "out of position" doesn't work.
3) How do I get my statistic to report the number of opportunities when hovered over? My statistic is a calculating an average bet size, I'd like to know how many observations where used to build that average. Therefore, my formula reads
"sum_f_bet_size_when_strong / cnt_f_strong_bets_opp".

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Riverlucker
Riverlucker

Re: Problem with my first custom statistic

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 13, 2014 3:23 am

1) Is this for cash or tournaments? If it's tournaments go to the Tools popup group and if you see a line containing the stats Tournaments, My Currency Buy-In and ITM (it should be the second line) delete that whole line, and that will allow custom stats to work in the popups.

2) In / out of position will only work for postflop stats, and I think only if a stat is in "percentage" format (see 3).

3) A stat will only display times/opportunities if it is a percentage stat, which means that the value expression needs to be in the exact format:
(a / b) * 100
Your stat does not match that pattern, so will not display times/opportunities.
You should be able to make it work by writing it like this instead:

(sum_f_bet_size_when_strong / (cnt_f_strong_bets_opp * 100)) * 100

The 100s will cancel each other out, but that should make it look like a percentage to the Hud.
WhiteRider

Postby Riverlucker » Tue May 13, 2014 6:28 am

Thanks for your input WhiteRider, I appreciate it.
I changed my formula to
(0.01 * sum_f_bet_size_when_strong / cnt_f_strong_bets_opp) * 100
which has basically the same what you suggested, but it keeps the numbers in the correct dimension.
The mouse-over displaying times/opportunities now work, thanks.

As for 1) and 2) I was able to narrow it down to the same problem:
In the Popup group, I was using my statistic three times using "All Positions", "Out of" and "In Pos" as filters. If I don't use those filters - or set all to "all Positions" - the statistic is reported correctly.

You say, In/Out of position will only work for Postflop stats. My stat is supposed to be a post-flop one, and only uses post-flop metrics. Does it need to be declared as such somewhere or what could be the reason for not working for these filters?

Thank you.
Riverlucker

Postby Riverlucker » Tue May 13, 2014 6:41 am

Sorry, forgot to answer your question: It's for Tournament.
Riverlucker

Postby kraada » Tue May 13, 2014 8:31 am

To get the Has Position lines to appear you need to set your stat's Category to one of the three postflop streets -- when those categories are added you see Has Position for the street you've added the category for.
kraada

Postby Riverlucker » Tue May 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi kraaada,

thanks.
I've already assigned the statistic to "Flop" category and the "Has Position" appears as an option, but when restricting it to one of the choices except "All positions", the statistic doesn't compute correctly.
Any other thoughts?

thx
Riverlucker

Postby kraada » Wed May 14, 2014 7:01 am

It should. Could you export it and attach it to a support ticket with a couple of screenshots showing the problem? That would be a big help.
kraada

Postby Riverlucker » Thu May 15, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi Kraaada,

I create a ticked as per your suggestoin:
http://www.pokertracker.com/contact/tic ... _id=151998

Thanks
Riverlucker

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles