Simplify Database maintenance

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Simplify Database maintenance

Postby PokerBot » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Can you add a simply, one-click solution to have optimal performance, across the board for poker tracker. I have no idea what feature i should and when

I have an ssd so, as far am im aware i don't need to cluster; but still by have to click rebuild cache ; then do both options and during that process it does vacuum and analyse. Then i click on house keeping and then re index which again does vacuum and analyses, but then there are still the options of vacuum and analyses; do i have to do that again as its own separate process? And then i have to click on tune poker tracker. Would be far easier and quicker for an option to do it in one go for 100% optimal performance so less button clicking, i don't have to wait by my computer to select each individual option and sub-option i can just leave it to do its thing for an hour or whatever and presumably SQL only vacuum and analyses at the end of all other processes, not after each one? Thanks
PokerBot

Re: Simplify Database maintenance

Postby kraada » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:32 am

You don't need to do these maintenance options regularly. As long as you have run Database Tuning once you should be good. Vacuum/Analyze is the only thing you might want to run regularly, but the default settings have autovacuum turned on and thus it shouldn't be necessary.
kraada

Postby zapato41 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Estimado, ayer actualicé PT3 a PT4, me cargó la base de datos del PT3 pero no aparece cuando utilizo el nuevo, aparecen todos los jugadores como si fuera la primera vez.
¿ Qué debo hacer ?
zapato41

Postby kraada » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Do you see your data in the View Stats area of PT4?
kraada

Postby zapato41 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:17 pm

kraada wrote:Do you see your data in the View Stats area of PT4?

No, solo veo lo que voy jugando, en el HUD tampoco se ven las manos que ya tenía en el pt3 de los jugadores
zapato41

Postby kraada » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:29 pm

Then go into Tools -> Setup Assistant -> Convert PT3 database and run the conversion again. Does it show that the hands are duplicates as it imports?
kraada

Postby zapato41 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:36 pm

kraada wrote:Then go into Tools -> Setup Assistant -> Convert PT3 database and run the conversion again. Does it show that the hands are duplicates as it imports?

Lo estoy haciendo nuevamente, extrayendo 649200 manos. Te aviso cuando termine. Gracias
zapato41

Postby zapato41 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:53 pm

zapato41 wrote:
kraada wrote:Then go into Tools -> Setup Assistant -> Convert PT3 database and run the conversion again. Does it show that the hands are duplicates as it imports?

Lo estoy haciendo nuevamente, extrayendo 649200 manos. Te aviso cuando termine. Gracias

Extrajo todas las manos de cash, las de torneos y stoped en " extracted 164 of 165 summaries from pt3 ", no finalizacion.
zapato41

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:19 am

I'm doing it again, drawing 649,200 hands. You notice when finished. Thank you
Extracted all cash held by the tournament and stoped in "Extracted from 164 of 165 summaries pt3" no completion.

That may mean that it was starting to do the import but the display hadn't caught up. But if it didn't continue and you ended it then since it got stuck on the last file you will probably be able to import the exported files manually. If you had logging enabled we'll be able to see where the exported files were written - attach the PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\ (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) to a Support Ticket if you have it. That may also show us why it got stuck.

Tutorial: Reporting a problem
WhiteRider

Postby zapato41 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:10 am

WhiteRider wrote:
I'm doing it again, drawing 649,200 hands. You notice when finished. Thank you
Extracted all cash held by the tournament and stoped in "Extracted from 164 of 165 summaries pt3" no completion.

That may mean that it was starting to do the import but the display hadn't caught up. But if it didn't continue and you ended it then since it got stuck on the last file you will probably be able to import the exported files manually. If you had logging enabled we'll be able to see where the exported files were written - attach the PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\ (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) to a Support Ticket if you have it. That may also show us why it got stuck.

Tutorial: Reporting a problem

En PokertrakerWeb4:

[0709/230643:ERROR:ipc_channel_win.cc(404)] pipe error: 232
zapato41

Next

Return to PT4 Feature Requests