Stat Raise F Float Bet and same stat in 3bet pot

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Stat Raise F Float Bet and same stat in 3bet pot

Postby Steinpilz0104 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:03 am

Hi

I get wrong results when I modified the stat "Raise F Float Bet" to "Raise F Float Bet in 3Bet Pots".

Columns for the stat "Raise F Float Bet" (original from PT4):

cnt_f_float_def_opp_action_raise
sum(if[ not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE '%R' and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_open_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0 AND substring(lookup_actions_f.action from 1 for 2) = 'XR', 1, 0])

the corresponding in 3bets:
sum(if[(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet OR cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet) AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE '%R' AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_open_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0 AND substring(lookup_actions_f.action from 1 for 2) = 'XR', 1, 0])

cnt_f_float_def_opp:
sum(if[ not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE '%R' AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_open_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check AND cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0, 1, 0])

cnt_f_float_def_opp_3bet_pot:
sum(if[(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet OR cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet) AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE '%R' AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_open_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check AND cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0, 1, 0])

What is wrong?

Thanks for your answer and regards
Steinpilz0104

Re: Stat Raise F Float Bet and same stat in 3bet pot

Postby kraada » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:42 am

Nothing obvious jumps out at me. What kind of results are you seeing?
kraada

Postby Steinpilz0104 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:31 am

Hi

I get sometimes negative results when I calculate the raise f float bet in non-3bet pots.

I use the formula:
((cnt_f_float_def_opp_action_raise-cnt_f_float_def_opp_action_raise_3bet_pot)/(cnt_f_float_def_opp-cnt_f_float_def_opp_3bet_pot)) * 100

Which is a combination of the two above.

In this example, the sum in normal pots gives 100, which is correct, in the raise I've a negative value because the raise has too much (2 which gives 14% instead of 1):

<a href="http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=140729025127443464.png" title="upload image">Cliquez ici pour voir mon image</a>
Steinpilz0104

Postby kraada » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:45 am

The default is for 2bet pots so you don't want to do extra math to get that using the 3bet pot version -- to get the total you'd add those together.
kraada

Postby Steinpilz0104 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:31 am

kraada wrote:The default is for 2bet pots so you don't want to do extra math to get that using the 3bet pot version -- to get the total you'd add those together.

So the right formula is:
((cnt_f_float_def_opp_action_raise+cnt_f_float_def_opp_action_raise_3bet_pot)/(cnt_f_float_def_opp+cnt_f_float_def_opp_3bet_pot)) * 100

correct?
Steinpilz0104

Postby kraada » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:42 am

That would get you both 2bet and 3bet+ pots yes.
kraada

Postby Steinpilz0104 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:46 am

If I want only the 2 bet pots, I have to take this formula:

((cnt_f_float_def_opp_action_raise)/(cnt_f_float_def_opp)) * 100

correct?

(I hope youre not bored with my many questions ;) )
Steinpilz0104

Postby kraada » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:30 pm

You got it.
kraada

Postby Steinpilz0104 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:15 pm

I still don't understand...

The standard stat "Raise F Float Bet" has this formula: (cnt_f_float_def_opp_action_raise / cnt_f_float_def_opp) * 100
It doesn't say anything about 3bet pot or not (preflop), it catches all raises, in normal pots and it 3bet pots.

I defined the new stat "Raise F Float Bet in 3Bet+ Pot" with this formula: (cnt_f_float_def_opp_action_raise_3bet_pot / cnt_f_float_def_opp_3bet_pot) * 100

Where "cnt_f_float_def_opp_action_raise_3bet_pot"
sum(if[(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet OR cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet) AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE '%R' AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_open_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0 AND substring(lookup_actions_f.action from 1 for 2) = 'XR', 1, 0])
and
"cnt_f_float_def_opp_3bet_pot" is
sum(if[(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet OR cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet) AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE '%R' AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_open_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check AND cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0, 1, 0])

If I want to get only the raises in non 3bet pots, I have to substract the second of the first in a sort of way...

Thanks for your answer.
Steinpilz0104

Postby kraada » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:32 pm

This is due to legacy naming issues. We agree it isn't ideal. Originally Floating was considered to be just calling the prior street in order to take it away the street after -- which implies a 2bet pot.
kraada

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles