Filter out hands with short stacks

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Filter out hands with short stacks

Postby rnieko » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Hello,

I'd like to have a hand report showing hands only where all players have more than X amount of big blinds. I haven't found anything useful in quick filters or report filters.

I was going to create a new column and found this "tourney_hand_summary.amt_short_stack" but not sure how it works and how to create a column for filter from it.

Any help appreciated!
rnieko

Re: Filter out hands with short stacks

Postby kraada » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:40 am

That is the size of the smallest stack at the start of the hand after antes are posted but before blinds are taken out. You should be able to use it to do exactly what you want -- tourney_hand_summary.amt_short_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb will give you that stack size in terms of big blinds.
kraada

Postby rnieko » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:01 pm

I get an error when trying to use my made column in the report "column 'tourney_hand_summary.amt_short_stack' must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function LINE 1". And if I tick the "Group By" option for the column then I get many lines in the report seemingly without any order.
rnieko

Postby kraada » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:41 pm

You don't need to create a new statistic to use that column as a filter in a custom report. Go to My Reports, click New and choose Hand Report. Let it populate with the default stats. Click the blue Filter link in the left hand sidebar and choose Add New Filter Expression. Adding this filter expression will filter to hands where the shortest stack had a stack of 10BB or more:
tourney_hand_summary.amt_short_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb >= 10
kraada

Postby rnieko » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Yes that's exactly what I did and I get that error.

What should be Summary Type when creating the column?
rnieko

Postby kraada » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:58 pm

Nowhere in those steps should you be seeing summary type. This isn't in the Configure -> Statistics window but in My Reports.
kraada

Postby rnieko » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:34 am

Ahh I understood now, there's no need even to make a new column. Thanks a lot, everything works now!
rnieko

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles