HUD and hand history problems. Pokerstars UK

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

HUD and hand history problems. Pokerstars UK

Postby Dan1857 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:45 pm

Since Pokerstars has updated (for the UK) my HUD has stopped working along with Pokertracker no longer recording my hand histories. I have followed the advice in other threads and checked the save folders are the same and historys are still being recorded which they are, but still no solution. I usually play zoom but also my hud isn't showing or recording hands for tournaments either. This is only with pokerstars others sites are still working. I am running the latest version of pokertracker v4.12

Can anyone help me on this?
Dan1857

Re: HUD and hand history problems. Pokerstars UK

Postby inconsistent » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:05 pm

I have this problem, does PT4 support pokerstars UK?
inconsistent

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:45 pm

PokerStars.UK is supported - I'm in the UK myself and it works fine for me. The first step is to make sure that PokerStars is saving hand histories as you play. Once you see the hand history files being saved, make sure that PT4 is configured to import from that folder.

PokerStars Configuration Guide
WhiteRider

Postby Dan1857 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:02 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I have followed that guide and I am pretty sure I have configured correctly but still not working. http://i.imgur.com/HmcRQbF.png
Dan1857

Postby FieldingGray » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:31 pm

And yes, exactly the same problem here. I've followed to the letter the configuration guide and just like that screenshot, have exactly the same thing...and with nothing happening.
So it's great White Rider that you've managed to get it working but it looks like there's a lot of us that are not managing it and it must be something on a more complex level than what is referred to in the guide. I've tried going back and forth from 6 to 7 but both the same problem. If it looks likely that this will continue - and now that you're the same company you can tell us :) - do you know if HM2 has the same issues being reported? I don't want to shift over there but obviously if the product is no longer working then I need to move to another option soon as this has been going on now for a week....
FieldingGray

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:10 am

Are the hand history files being written as you play?
WhiteRider

Postby Tezuka » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:39 am

Similar if not same problem here, hands aren't importing/hud isn't showing http://i.imgur.com/E4H9dS1.png , this exchange rate thing might have something to do with it :/
I think my problem might be different though because my PT4 has been much slower to start up as of today and freezes when I try to stop hand imports http://i.imgur.com/9PbdFhw.png Also on Pokerstars.UK but my PT4 was fine until today, reinstalling hasn't changed anything.
Tezuka

Postby Dan1857 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:56 am

I checked and it appears they weren't, had to update the save destination.

For anyone that is having this problem the file has changed to \Pokerstars.UK\ instead of \Pokerstars\ . Just need to update that on pokerstars and pokertracker and it will start working again. May need to unhide hidden folders in control panel to be able to find the file though. But the destination should look something like this now:

C:\Users\xxxl\AppData\Local\PokerStars.UK\HandHistory\

Or i guess you could just change the file in appdata to \Pokerstars\ , might be easier.
Dan1857

Postby FieldingGray » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:52 pm

Dan1857 wrote:I checked and it appears they weren't, had to update the save destination.

For anyone that is having this problem the file has changed to \Pokerstars.UK\ instead of \Pokerstars\ . Just need to update that on pokerstars and pokertracker and it will start working again. May need to unhide hidden folders in control panel to be able to find the file though. But the destination should look something like this now:

C:\Users\xxxl\AppData\Local\PokerStars.UK\HandHistory\

Or i guess you could just change the file in appdata to \Pokerstars\ , might be easier.

YES!!! It worked!! What a relief! Thank you Dan - it took a bit of jiggery pokery but it all seems to be fine. Phew - normal service has been resumed and all is well in the kingdom!

Can you tell that I am someone who is very easily pleased? :D

Cheers

Charlie
FieldingGray

Return to PokerTracker 4