Fold to Flop CB after called attempt to steal Stat

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Fold to Flop CB after called attempt to steal Stat

Postby sp00ky » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi,
I just wanted to know if it should look like this: (call_steal / Fold_Flop_Cbet)*100 ?
and can I use it for ip and oop?
sp00ky

Re: Fold to Flop CB after called attempt to steal Stat

Postby kraada » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:22 pm

You'd need to build custom columns for this stat. See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PT3 but the techniques all apply to PT4, the interface is just slightly different.
kraada

Postby sp00ky » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:31 am

I know this guide, but my english is not that good to really understand what to do.
can you please help me a little?
sp00ky

Postby kraada » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:44 am

Sure - where are you getting stuck?
kraada

Postby sp00ky » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:33 pm

i don´t understand how to start and which columns to build and why?I tried with google translator but i dont get it.
sp00ky

Postby kraada » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:49 am

The way we do things, a Statistic is built out of Columns. You can think of Columns as a way to represent a very specific piece of data. A Column might tell you how often a player bet the river -- or how often he bet the river after checking back the turn having bet the flop in a pot that was 3bet preflop -- it is specific to each Column what data it gets from the database. The Columns are the only things that actually interface with the database itself - Statistics just take the values in the Columns and do some basic math with them.

There are a lot of Columns built into PT4 by default - most stats require two - and you can look at the Value Expression for a Statistic and see the Columns used to calculate it. For example, PFR is (cnt_pfr / cnt_pfr_opp) * 100 -- there are two Columns there, cnt_pfr and cnt_pfr_opp - and if you switched to the Columns section you could see exactly how those are defined.

In order to build the Statistic you are talking about you're going to want to build two Columns, one for how often someone called a steal preflop and then folded to a continuation bet, and the other for how often he called a steal preflop then faced a continuation bet. So looking at the Column definitions for Call Steal and Fold to F CBet should help you start to get together the pieces you need.
kraada

Postby sp00ky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Ok, I found this, but what to do now? what do I put together?

call steal = (cnt_steal_def_action_call / cnt_steal_def_opp) * 100
fold to flop cbet= (cnt_f_cbet_def_action_fold / cnt_f_cbet_def_opp) * 100

cnt_steal_def_action_call = Number of times player called a steal attempt.
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'C%', 1, 0])

cnt_steal_def_opp = Number of times a player faced a steal attempt.
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp, 1, 0])

cnt_f_cbet_def_action_fold = Number of times player folded to a flop continuation bet.
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_f_cbet_action='F', 1, 0])

cnt_f_cbet_def_opp = Number of times the player faced a continuation bet on the flop.
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp, 1, 0])
sp00ky

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:00 am

You need to make two new columns - one "action" column and one "opportunity" column, like the ones you found, but combining the expressions.
The parts in bold here are the bits you need to combine.

sp00ky wrote:cnt_steal_def_action_call = Number of times player called a steal attempt.
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'C%', 1, 0])

cnt_steal_def_opp = Number of times a player faced a steal attempt.

cnt_f_cbet_def_action_fold = Number of times player folded to a flop continuation bet.

cnt_f_cbet_def_opp = Number of times the player faced a continuation bet on the flop.

So for example the action column for folding to a flop CBet after calling a steal would be:

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'C%' AND cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_f_cbet_action='F', 1, 0])

You would do the same type of thing for the new opportunities column.

This guide - the second which kraada linked above - has examples of how to do this too, if you want more examples or information.
WhiteRider

Postby sp00ky » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:19 am

I put together:

I get this:
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'C%' AND cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_f_cbet_action='F', 1, 0])
named cnt_p_call_steal__f_fold_cbet

I put together:

I get this:
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp, 1, 0])
named: cnt_p_call_steal_f_fold_cbet_opp

then I put these 2 together to get the stat
(cnt_p_call_steal_f_fold_cbet / cnt_p_call_steal_f_fold_cbet_opp) * 100
is this right?
sp00ky

Postby kraada » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:42 am

You got it :)
kraada

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles