transferring data

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

transferring data

Postby squashplayer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:27 am

Hi, I recently had a PC issue and had to reinstall windows and consequently all my programs, including pokertracker. Although my data is unaffected (it is now all on drive D) I didn't have a chance to run a back up of the PT data in order to do a restore on the new Drive C. How can I get my new Pokertracker - now installed on Drive C - to combine with my data (which will be on drive D somewhere - this being my "old" Drive C). Ideally, I'd like to move all the data to the relevant place(s) on drive C as this is a new SSD and very fast. However, if I can "point" PT at my old data on Drive D, that would be fine. Thx.
squashplayer

Re: transferring data

Postby kraada » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:36 am

Was PostgreSQL originally installed on that other drive, had you saved your hands there, or was your old hard drive copied to that drive as part of a recovery process?
kraada

Postby squashplayer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:25 pm

PostgreSQL was originally installed on the other drive (now drive D). This old drive is completely intact in terms of data (ie it has all the program instals, user data, local, roaming etc etc). PostgreSQL has also been reinstalled on C as part of the new PT instal.
squashplayer

Postby squashplayer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:29 pm

Actually, I've found all the PT "processed data" on the old drive. It seems to go back about 4 years which is fine (I have much older stuff but don't really need it). Can I simply import this data? The only issue then (I think) would be some hud set-ups. Thx.
squashplayer

Postby kraada » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:08 pm

Yes, you can just import that data using Get Hands From Disk.

Your HUD layout is in Layouts.pt4 and HudProfiles.pt4 in a folder that's nearby (up one level then into Data) and if you copy those to your current data folder's Data subdirectory (open PT4, click File -> Open User Data Folder -> Data), then restart PT4 you'll have those back as well.
kraada

Postby squashplayer » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:27 am

This all worked very well - thank you. One final question: If I imported hands previously into PT via files from emails (rather than in real time while playing), do they all still end up in the "processed files"?
squashplayer

Postby kraada » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:56 pm

If you use Get Hands While Playing or the Setup Assistant PT4 will move the files for you to the Processed folder. Get Hands From Disk does not move the imported hands.
kraada

Postby squashplayer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Hello, It turns out that I now really do need to access some older data from my previous PT database. If you look at the first couple of posts in this thread I've explained the situation. Is there a way I can "point" Poker Tracker at the old data on drive D? I only need to do this temporarily to retrieve some hands and can then return to my normal set up which works fine.
squashplayer

Postby kraada » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:59 pm

Is the version on the old drive the same version that you currently have installed?
kraada

Postby squashplayer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:12 pm

Yes, The PT version is the same (barring the updates that I have installed for bug fixes etc). Although it is still there I can't run PT from the D drive - presumably it looks in the wrong place for data etc. The current D drive is simply the old C drive. There was no recovery process or loss of data.
squashplayer

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4