the meaning of all the stats

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

the meaning of all the stats

Postby Softball » Tue May 27, 2008 11:33 am

Hi there,

due to the fact that there where some problems with the Aces Hud today, I gave the PT3 a try. Now I am overwhelmed. You did a great Job! Thank you. I feel bad about bothering you now, but I can't find an answer in the forum. So here it comes:

There are a lot of new stats available in the HUD-Menu. Thats great and many of them are explaining by themselve. But I don't get the meaning of all of them and can't find an overview. Sorry. I am sure it is somewher in front of my nose. Can you show it to me. Thanks a lot.
Softball

Re: the meaning of all the stats

Postby Softball » Tue May 27, 2008 12:20 pm

sorry.... Found the revereceguide now under "Dokumentation". Sorry for bothering and thanks again!
Softball

Postby kraada » Tue May 27, 2008 3:29 pm

Glad you found it; enjoy PokerTracker 3!
kraada

Postby Softball » Tue May 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Yeah, thanks. But in the meantime I had to find out, that not all stats are explained in this guide. What about the Donkybet and The Floatbet? Cant find it.
Softball

Postby kraada » Tue May 27, 2008 4:21 pm

Player A is in the big blind, player B is in middle position.

Preflop Player B raises and player A calls.

On the flop, player A bets right out. That's a donkbet. Whenever you bet into the aggressor from the previous street and you are out of position, it counts as a donkbet (in this case, a flop donkbet).

Player C is in middle position and player D is on the button.

Player C raises preflop and player D calls.

Player C bets the flop and player D calls. Player C checks the turn and player D bets. This turn bet by D is a float bet. Whenever you call an aggressor's action in position on one street, then bet at them on the next street when they check to you, your bet is a float bet (in this example it was a turn float).

Hope that helps :)
kraada

Postby Softball » Tue May 27, 2008 4:25 pm

thanks. Yes it helps somehow. I would like to know the exact definition anyway. Means: "How often dose one do the donk bet, when he has the chance to do so"?
And "How often dose he the Float on the turn when he has the chance to do so"?

Yes?
Softball

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 27, 2008 5:47 pm

Yes, that's how most of the % stats are done, by number of times done / number of opportunities.
If you want to see how the stats are constructed, see the menu Configure -> Configure Stats, you can see how they are defined from the database fields - very useful if you want to start building your own..
WhiteRider

Postby Softball » Tue May 27, 2008 6:56 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Unfortunatly for every answer I reviece two new questions pop up in my mind.... :oops: Sorry guys. Be patient.

There is no donkbet possible on the flop, right? Why is this? Of course there is no floatbet possible, because I need to float the bet on the flop first. Right? But I can Bet directly in to the PF-Raiser, can't I? So why can I not find this stat? Am I getting it wrong?
Softball

Postby dark48 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:40 pm

It seems you didn't get it, betting in to the PF raiser on the flop is DONKBETTING
dark48

Postby WhiteRider » Wed May 28, 2008 5:01 am

The donk-flop stat will be added, but you can easily create it yourself in the time-being using Custom Statistics - have a look at how donk-turn is defined and use the Duplicate button to create and edit it to donk-flop.
Documentation.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to General [Read Only]