Edit / Delete issue with custom stat

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Edit / Delete issue with custom stat

Postby YashN » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:51 pm

For testing purposes, I have duplicated existing stats and then modified them but there seems to be an odd issue whereby the custom stat cannot be further edited nor deleted after while.

For instance, I duplicated VPIP and set the new name/title to VPIP2, set it to be not 'Protected'. I then edited expressions and colour ranges and then saved the new stat.

After a while (which means I've been testing the inclusion of the new stat in a HUD a few times), if I go back to Configure -> Statistics, the custom stat cannot be edited nor deleted anymore. The right-hand side window is grayed out for most of its content, including the Protected checkbox, which despite being grayed, is selected.

Is this expected behaviour?

What do I do if I want to delete these cutom stats?
YashN

Re: Edit / Delete issue with custom stat

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:55 am

No - that is not expected. Do you see the same if you restart PT4?
WhiteRider

Postby YashN » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:49 am

Thanks WhiteRider.

Indeed, I have tried the following to no avail:

- Rebuild Custom Cache
- Restart PT 4

The machine + OS Specs are:

- MacBook Air (13-inch, mid 2013 + SSD) - 4 GB RAM
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
- PostgreSQL 9.4

Furthermore, here is what I found while trying to make images to clarify what's happening:

You can see here that despite filtering for Custom Stats, clicking on the first entry, then on the second entry on the left doesn't change the main detail view on the right (it is referencing the 10th Place stats, hence my initial thoughts that the custom stats had become 'Protected').

Secondly, this is the message I get when exiting this screen (it is the same one as above):

So, it seems my Custom Stats data is in some sort of limbo unsaved state and I can't get rid of these Custom Stats now.
YashN

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:53 am

I'm not sure how they got to be Protected like that. If this persists please make a Backup of just the default 'Optional Files' (no databases) and attach it to a Support Ticket with a link to this thread so that we can investigate for you.
WhiteRider

Postby YashN » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:38 am

WhiteRider wrote:I'm not sure how they got to be Protected like that. If this persists please make a Backup of just the default 'Optional Files' (no databases) and attach it to a Support Ticket with a link to this thread so that we can investigate for you.

WhiteRider, actually if you check the image they didn't 'become Protected', it's just that the left-hand side blue custom stat isn't linking to a custom stat detail view, it is still just displaying the normal essential stat 10th place (or any previously clicked essential stat for that matter), so that one is Protected as normal.
YashN

Postby kraada » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:00 pm

If you change the drop down on the left hand side to show all stats are you able to select your statistics then?
kraada

Postby YashN » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:55 pm

kraada wrote:If you change the drop down on the left hand side to show all stats are you able to select your statistics then?

Hi kraada,

No, the issue is still there.

I am thinking of exporting the DB or backing up and then making a new one and re-importing or restoring and trying again. I am not too concerned for that DB: it's a secondary DB that I use on the laptop and all the contents are re-imported in my main DB on the iMac.

What is concerning is that when I am developing new custom stats, the stability is a little flaky.
YashN

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:47 am

Custom stat definitions are not stored in the database so starting a new database is unlikely to affect this issue. If you send us a backup we'll be able to experiment with your setup and hopefully see what is going on.
WhiteRider

Postby YashN » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:50 am

WhiteRider wrote:Custom stat definitions are not stored in the database so starting a new database is unlikely to affect this issue. If you send us a backup we'll be able to experiment with your setup and hopefully see what is going on.

Interesting, WhiteRider. I think I saw some custom stats related file in the PT 4 Package cotnents on the Mac in the Resources/Data/Stats directory, is that right?

I have two files there: one is the StatsDefinition.pt4 file dated Sep 2015 and the other one is the same but with the extra extension '.backup' but dated much earlier, in 2010.

So, I wonder where my own new Custom Stats are stored since I only created them this month, in December...

No prob sending you a backup, let me know how to proceed, full DB backup or nay subset, I just need to know the details of how to do it.

Best.
YashN

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:45 am

WhiteRider wrote:...please make a Backup of just the default 'Optional Files' (no databases) and attach it to a Support Ticket with a link to this thread so that we can investigate for you.

Custom stats are saved in the file "StatDefinitionsCustomized.pt4" but a backup as described above will include all the config files we need.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles