problem with rebuilding cache

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

problem with rebuilding cache

Postby gdarkov » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:40 am

During rebuilding the cache I get errors:
"Reason: Error: Unable to execute query: Fatal Error;
Reason: Error: (ERROR: too many variables specified in SQL statement CONTEXT: compilation of PL/pgSQL function "update_tourney_custom_cache" near line 14 )"

Are there any ways to fix it?
gdarkov

Re: problem with rebuilding cache

Postby kraada » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:54 pm

Do you have a lot of custom statistics? The cache will only allow about 1590 columns so if you have more than that in the Configure -> Statistics -> T -> Columns area that would cause this error. Uncheck some and try again - once you have the number low enough it should work (the custom stats in question will still work they'll just take a little bit longer to get their data).
kraada

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:06 am

Please tell us which version of PostgreSQL you are using - you can see this in the bottom corner of the Database > Database Management window if you don't know.

I just came across someone else with this message and in that case I could reproduce it with 8.4 (which they were using) but not with 9.3, so I suspect that was an issue with hitting some limit in the old 32-bit PostgreSQL version.
WhiteRider

Postby SmartyMcduff » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Im getting the same error, using version 8.4, should I upgrade to sort it?
SmartyMcduff

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:32 am

Are you using a large number of custom statistics and/or do you use HUDs with custom statistics from third party developers? Note that if you have more than ~1590 custom columns then you still will not be able to rebuild your cache in an upgraded PostgreSQL either.
Flag_Hippo

Postby SmartyMcduff » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Ah, actually Id forgotten, I did recently get a hud for spins long and have been using coffee hud with some time and not having any trouble.
SmartyMcduff

Postby SmartyMcduff » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:40 pm

Ive gone into the Configure - Statistics - Column but what do I actually unitck? Im assuming the cache box, but Im only getting the option to untick 5 of the custom ones.
SmartyMcduff

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:30 pm

If that custom content is protected you cannot edit it but if you're not using all of your premium add-ons you can contact those premium makers you don't want anymore and ask them to disable that content so it prevents those custom columns from loading in your PokerTracker 4. Alternatively you can remove the check mark from the PokerTracker 4 option "Configure -> Options -> Download Premium Content" then close/restart PokerTracker4 but this will disable all premium content. If you want to see how many custom columns you are using click your Windows Start button then type the following:

pgadmin

and click on it when it appears. Double click on "PostgreSQL x.y" (where x.y is your PostgreSQL version) and if your prompted for a password the default is "dbpass" (without the quotes). Next double click on "Databases -> YOUR_DATABASE_NAME -> Schemas -> Public -> Tables -> cash_custom_cache (and/or tourney custom cache for tournaments) and the number in brackets is the number of custom columns which should look like this. Before making any of these changes or accessing PGAdmin I'd recommend backing up your PokerTracker 4 customisations and poker data first - see this guide.
Flag_Hippo

Postby SmartyMcduff » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:44 pm

Only had 1025 columns, but once I disabled the custom content it worked perfectly.

Cheers.
SmartyMcduff

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am

That number of columns should be fine if you upgrade your PostgreSQL version and we have a guide for that here.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4