party poker

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

party poker

Postby avipopo » Mon May 30, 2016 4:59 pm

I have some issues with party poker. Site setup looks all good. When i open some new table, stats shows up and is all good. But when there is table change in the same tourney, stats just dont show up any more. Where coould be the problem?
avipopo

Re: party poker

Postby Tobe2381 » Mon May 30, 2016 7:54 pm

+1
I have suffered the same problem on party poker tournaments the last couple of weeks consistantly.
This happens only sometimes after a table change in a tournament, but not after every table change.

My observation let me think it most likely happens when you get back to a table you've been already played earlier (often in an early stage of a tournament with a small field and a lot of table switches).
Maybe it has sth. to do with the filename length after PP renamed their tournaments to "Featherweight" etc. or with the "_1" "_2" suffix naming not working.

When it happens:
There is an unknown filetype named like "middlew" for example in the partpoker handhistory folder. This file is blocking the handhistory import & HUD.
You can't delete that file during play/pt4 import. It is blocked by the processes of ptr4 and partypoker using it.
Stop and Restarting the HUD or the Import via PT4 doesn't help either.
The only chance to get the HUD back working is to close pt4 as well as the partypoker client, then delete that file manually and restart pt4 and partypoker which is very annoying.

Hope these infos help to solve this bug.
Best Wishes Tobe
Tobe2381

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 31, 2016 3:11 am

If Party are not writing the hand histories correctly after a table move like that then that would certainly cause problems. Please enable logging (Configure > Options) and if you see this again take screenshots to illustrate and attach them to a Support Ticket along with the hand history files and the PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\ (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) so that we can investigate.

Tutorial: Reporting a problem
WhiteRider

Postby avipopo » Tue May 31, 2016 8:21 am

Tobe, you seem to be more familiar with PT4, can you please do those steps to report this problem?
avipopo

Postby Tobe2381 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:09 pm

Update:
This Bug happens after an Re-Entry of a tournament, when you get seated at a table you have played earlier in the same tournament (PP overwriting problem of the hand history file during pt4 import)!
Then this unknown "Featherweight" File in the PP Hand History Folder will be created and therefore there is no import/hud.

After it happened, you can get the import/hud back working by following these steps:
1. Stop importing hands & Close PT4
2. Close tthe PartyPoker Client
3. Delete that unknown File in your PP hand history folder after closing both programs
4. Restart PT4
5. Restart PP Client
Then it should be working again.

Re-Entry Tournaments:
Otherwise I would suggest BEFORE the RE-ENTRY to stop getting hands while playing at pt4, then the text files will be moved to processed folder and there will be a new text file created. Will test this.

I will create a support ticket w the log files and screenshots later on..
Attachments
PT4.PP.HandHistory.Folder.BUG.PNG
Tobe2381

Postby Tobe2381 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:42 pm

Support Ticket
#T216764

By the way I would have a feature request for the partypoker cash tables..
Will there be a PT4 Feature / Postroutine after the import in the future to solve the problem of the first hand at a party poker cashtable, in which "Player1, Player2, .., Player6" will be replaced with the" real player names" in the hand histories?
The real names and seatinfos are always written in the next hand.
So in theory it would be an easy algorithm to search for "Player1" and look which name is written after "seat 1" in the next hand and just replace "Player1" by the real name.
At the moment I am doing this "replacement routine" after processing the files manually, which takes some time to search in the txt.file and copy/paste the names.

Thanks in advance!
Tobe2381

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:30 am

Thanks for your information. I'll pass on your suggestion to the development team, although since it's possible for players to change between hands I'm not sure how practical it will be to automate that fully.
WhiteRider

Postby Tobe2381 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:01 am

Thank you WhiteRider.
Yes, players can change between the first two hands.
But that is very rare and can also be checked by the "playerxxx has left the table." / "playerxxx has joined the table." lines and by comparing/verifying their stack-sizes (seat/player).
Since you were dealt in the first hand, you will get the correct player name who was joining/leaving the table.

Only if you play just one hand it could get a bit tricky. But I think you can find out each players position by the order of gameplay preflop too which is known.
The number of players, the button seat is known and which seats post the blinds. Therefore it should also be possible to reconstruct the players seat in that scenario.
Tobe2381

Postby kraada » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:03 pm

We don't currently track people standing up or sitting down so that would be something new we would need to account for which is one reason this is not a trivial change.
kraada

Postby Tobe2381 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Ok, at least it is written in the hand history and could be extracted / used.

Update HandHistory Bug:
This Bug also happens without Re-Entering a tournament when you get switched back to a table you have been played earlier on in the same tournament!
Tobe2381

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4