icon disappears after clicking on it

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

icon disappears after clicking on it

Postby PAMtgMaster » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:37 pm

This has happened before but eventually it would work. The PT4 icon is on my desktop. I click on the icon and the program is running (per the processes listed on CTRL ALT Delete) but it does not come up. There is nothing there. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled the latest version. It sill disappears after you click on the desktop icon. And if you click on it again, it says a version is running. I delete the process from the Task Manager. I click on the icon and nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times.

It worked yesterday and most of the year. Please help.
PAMtgMaster

Re: icon disappears after clicking on it

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:35 am

Locate and delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ although you may have a different PostgreSQL version (e.g. 8.4, 9.0) or have it installed in C:\Program Files (x86). Once it's deleted, reboot your computer and try starting PokerTracker 4 again.
Flag_Hippo

Re: icon disappears after clicking on it

Postby PAMtgMaster » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Wow!
Thank you, Flag Hippo! That worked. It popped right up. I appreciate your help and fast response!
PAMtgMaster

Return to PokerTracker 4