A version of Poker Tracker 4 is already running.

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

A version of Poker Tracker 4 is already running.

Postby Riverwinner » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi.

Suddenly my PT4 does not open anymore. The process is shown on my computer but there is no way the program starts. When i try to re-open it, i get a message saying that a version of PT4is already running. I've tried reboot my computer and it didnt worked. I searched for the "pokertracker.pid" file but couldnt find it. I re-installed PT4 and it dindt worked aswell.

What can i do? I was using the latest version on win10 with no problems until the last days.

Thanks in advance.
Riverwinner

Re: A version of Poker Tracker 4 is already running.

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:52 am

Riverwinner wrote:I searched for the "pokertracker.pid" file but couldnt find it.

The file you should be looking for is called 'postmaster.pid' so locate and delete that if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ although you may have a different PostgreSQL version (e.g. 8.4, 9.0) or have it installed in C:\Program Files (x86).
Flag_Hippo

Postby Riverwinner » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:09 pm

I've found the file and deleted it but the problem remained.
Riverwinner

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:50 am

Sorry but I did not specify this in my previous reply but you need to reboot your computer after deleting the 'postmaster.pid' file so please delete the 'postmaster.pid' file again if it is present. Whether it's there or not reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If things are still not working click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it?

Open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Riverwinner » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:28 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Sorry but I did not specify this in my previous reply but you need to reboot your computer after deleting the 'postmaster.pid' file so please delete the 'postmaster.pid' file again if it is present. Whether it's there or not reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If things are still not working click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it?

Open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.

Hello!

Ok here its what i got. Postmaster.pid didnt appeared again. I checked services.msc and i could see PostgreSQL service in the list, it was already started but i had options for reboot, pause, stop. I let it started how it was normally.

Then i opened the Event Viewer, went to Windows Logs and clicked on Application. And yes, i have a lot off errors marked there about PostgreSQL. They are saying: "pg_ctl: This data directory seems to be already executing a postmaster"
Riverwinner

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:49 am

Can you please report this via our support system with a link to this thread, a screenshot of the error and your 5 or 6 most recent PostgreSQL log files so we can investigate that for you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Riverwinner » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:22 pm

Today PT4 opened and worked just fine!

Thank you for the attention, man!
Riverwinner

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:52 am

Pleased to hear that. Incidentally if you're using any security software (such as antivirus, firewall), please make sure to follow the instructions given in the Security Software Configuration Guide to set the recommended exceptions for PostgreSQL.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4