Need help: PostGres simply will not work

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Need help: PostGres simply will not work

Postby random4bet » Wed May 17, 2017 7:14 pm

I have done a TON of Googling, created user accounts, checked services, changed settings, directories, etc etc., and I cannot get it to work.

At this point I think it's finally installed OK (without the errors I was getting previously), but I cannot connect to the server - it constantly says "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration."

PLEASE HELP. I am tech savvy but not able to deal with this level of difficulty. A remote session or any kind of immediate support would be brilliant. All I want is to trial PokerTracker, I'm almost certain I want to buy it as long as I can actually get it working!
random4bet

Re: Need help: PostGres simply will not work

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu May 18, 2017 7:11 am

Can you click through that message and use the "New" button to create a new database? If not click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it?

Open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Need help: PostGres simply will not work

Postby random4bet » Thu May 18, 2017 10:27 am

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I'm at work now so I can't look. I'm quite sure I couldn't create a new one. The service was definitely running, that's something I found via Google. I'll check the Event Viewer later. One thing to be clear on: my first problems were all because it wouldn't install, period. Kept getting errors, the service WASN'T running, etc. Now I think I'm past that, at least since I didn't get errors and the service does run, BUT I'm having the database issues.

I will post here ASAP after I'm home, around 6:30pm ET or so. I'd really like to get this sorted ASAP.
random4bet

Return to PokerTracker 4