import hands question

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

import hands question

Postby King Linc » Tue May 23, 2017 8:38 am

I just imported a bunch of handhistories from 2015 till now from pokerstars, the import went through no more hands get added, but for a couple of hours now it still is running. For time remaining it just shows "...", elapsed it shows "2:17:07" that didnt change anymore. Is that all correct? I should just wait?
King Linc

Re: import hands question

Postby King Linc » Tue May 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Image this is how the import status looks, still the same after many hours. So many duplicates because i just wanted to make sure missed hands from the past got inlcuded so imported old hhs requested from pokerstars
King Linc

Postby King Linc » Tue May 23, 2017 2:05 pm

sigh i accidentally closed the import now by closing the pokertracker software, is that bad? What should i do?
King Linc

Postby King Linc » Tue May 23, 2017 3:30 pm

i did run tournament auto detection afterwards. I believe my results are messed up now. Before for the month i had 5bbs/100 now it went down to 1bb/100 but this month the results should have been comepletely fine...
King Linc

Postby King Linc » Tue May 23, 2017 3:46 pm

first of all the number of duplicates is way too high and could not have possibly been that high unless pokertracker somehow missed so many hands over that period. I am a lower volume player, from 2015 to now i played as you see only 2-3 hundred thousand hands in mtts. I played on an ipad or iphone not more than 10 times during that period and then always just one tabling. There is simply no way 40k hands could have been missing. Is there any explanation for the high number of hands that are not duplicates and should have been tracked by pokertracker since i was always running it when playing? Also any explanation as to why the bb/100 rate changed (expectedly) after the imported hands, but then it actually changed yet again after tournament detection? Also after tournament detection i all of a sudden had way too many turbo hands and too many normal scheduled hands.
King Linc

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue May 23, 2017 8:04 pm

King Linc wrote:I am a lower volume player, from 2015 to now i played as you see only 2-3 hundred thousand hands in mtts.

Did PokerStars send all of your old hand histories? You say you have played 200-300k hands from 2015 however you originally purchased PokerTracker 4 in 2013. For your results you can request a CSV playing audit from the PokerStars software. PokerTracker 4 will import that file and update your results information accordingly. To manually import that file when you receive it select "Get Hands From Disk" after clicking "Play Poker" in the same way as you would do for hand histories. Incidentally there is a bug with the progress bar such that when a large manual import is completed the animation does not stop when the import/maintenance is complete so closing PokerTracker 4 at that stage would be fine and you can check that that process has completed by clicking on 'View Import Status' tab.
Flag_Hippo

Postby King Linc » Tue May 23, 2017 8:58 pm

i did only want the handhistories for the time that i had the new computer which was since around 2015, the old hands i never imported to the new computer. But the results now are quite significantly changed. 41k hands not having been tracked seems like a ton to me when i only played 300k hands total and really always let pokertracker 4 run. Also as i said before i filtered for results for this month before doing any of this and it was giving me 5.4bb/100 and after doing the import, which should really not have anything to do with this months results, the bb/100 changed to 1bb/100
King Linc

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed May 24, 2017 6:30 am

King Linc wrote:Also any explanation as to why the bb/100 rate changed (expectedly) after the imported hands, but then it actually changed yet again after tournament detection?

BB/100 is based on chips so tournament detection shouldn't affect that at all although importing new hands would. If your Processed folder is separate from the other files you have imported we could check to see where the differences are - you can access that folder via the "File -> Open User Data Folder" option and then zip/compress each sample and attach those to a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Postby King Linc » Wed May 24, 2017 8:02 am

i meant the bb/100 changed for non turbo games. And this just cant be right, this month all my hands had been tracked by pokertracker. And all of a sudden after i imported all the hands again and made tournament detection, the bb/100 range for this month changed drastically which should not happen. Ok yes they are separate, will do that then if i can figure it out
King Linc

Postby King Linc » Wed May 24, 2017 8:22 am

i can zip compress the new folder i made but when i want to compress my processed folder it tells me it doesnt work since it has signs it doesnt support or something
King Linc

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4