iPoker ERRORS since 23rd Nov 2017

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

iPoker ERRORS since 23rd Nov 2017

Postby carlmellor » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi

PT4 has not been importing some of my iPoker mtt's and/or hands for about 3 or 4 days now.

Really noticed this yesterday when I wanted to tag some hands (in game) and they were intermittently not appearing in my dropdown.

I also had several cashes over the last few days, but when I query them, there are at least 3 'missing'.

just looked after my session today and there are a ton of 'invalid pot size' and 'zero chips in hand' type error messages too.

There are also some funny looking folders and 'orphans' in the TempData Folder????

I've included 5 images.

TIA

Carl
Ipoker Errors 1.jpg
Ipoker Errors 2.jpg
Ipoker Errors 3.jpg
carlmellor

Re: iPoker ERRORS since 23rd Nov 2017

Postby carlmellor » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Ipoker Errors 5.jpg
Ipoker Errors 4.jpg
carlmellor

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:47 am

Please update to the latest version of PokerTracker 4 and that should resolve those errors.
Flag_Hippo

Postby carlmellor » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:37 am

I come from an IT background so believe you me I've tried to 'resolve' this problem on my own before coming to you.

I've been back and forth between the most recent version (your suggestion), and previous versions of PT4 installers that I've got logged on my hard drive.

None on them are resolving this problem.

Did you look at any of my screenshots?????

Why is some of my data gettng moved into the TempData folder?

TempData is obviously a PT4 folder for 'catching' any errant data.

I've physically moved any XML files in these directories into the 'correct' directory location several times now and they do get processed, but I'm still missing files???

what are these 'rogue' directories (see image 5 above), and what are all the 1K and 2K files within them???? They have no extensions, but surely MUST be of some importance???

One thing's for sure, they should surely have NEVER been left behind in no mans land?????

Just to compound matters even further, I've just updated (again) to the the most recent version of PT4 and I'm now not able to tag any hands at all and am getting the following errors???
Attachments
Ipoker Errors 7.jpg
Ipoker Errors 6.jpg
carlmellor

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:07 pm

carlmellor wrote:I come from an IT background so believe you me I've tried to 'resolve' this problem on my own before coming to you.

I've been back and forth between the most recent version (your suggestion), and previous versions of PT4 installers that I've got logged on my hard drive.

None on them are resolving this problem.

Did you look at any of my screenshots?????

Yes. Your screenshots show you are using PokerTracker v4.14.25 and there are known import issues with this build and iPoker so you need to be on the latest version and you hadn't mentioned the other information in your OP.

carlmellor wrote:Why is some of my data gettng moved into the TempData folder?

TempData is obviously a PT4 folder for 'catching' any errant data.

I've physically moved any XML files in these directories into the 'correct' directory location several times now and they do get processed, but I'm still missing files???

what are these 'rogue' directories (see image 5 above), and what are all the 1K and 2K files within them???? They have no extensions, but surely MUST be of some importance???

The 'TempData' folder is an iPoker directory and PokerTracker 4 does not use this and it should be configured to import from here:

C:\Users\"SOME_NAME"\AppData\Local\"iPoker Client"\data\"Screenname"\History\Data

This means PokerTracker 4 will not import from the 'TempData' folder so if you have configured PokerTracker 4 to import from the 'History' folder or higher then the 'TempData' folder would get imported from as PokerTracker 4 would be reading all the subfolders and may be the reason you are still getting errors in later versions of PokerTracker 4. If you have any further queries on what is going on in 'TempData' you'd need to contact iPoker support about that.

carlmellor wrote:Just to compound matters even further, I've just updated (again) to the the most recent version of PT4 and I'm now not able to tag any hands at all and am getting the following errors???

Please enable logging, reproduce this problem and then send your log file to us in a Support Ticket so we can see what is going on here. You can access the log file by clicking 'File --> Show User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window - the file we need is the text file called 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.
Flag_Hippo

Postby carlmellor » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:20 pm

Tried deleting iPoker (Betfair) and reinstalling.

My Path is not (and never has been):

C:\Users\"SOME_NAME"\AppData\Local\"iPoker Client"\data\"Screenname"\History\Data

My path before deletion (and after reintallation still is):

C:\Program Files(x86)\Betfair Poker\data\NoEyeIn3Some\History\Data\Tournaments

***See Image 1***
Image 1.jpg

So at the moment of writing this I've finished my session but have not hit the Stop Getting Hands Button, because I want to show you some diretory images:

**Image 2 ***
Image 2.jpg

This is how we'd expect things to be, if PT4 was capturing all of the hands from my session, and on first insepction it appears to look 'fine', but it's not.......

***See Image 3***
Image 3.jpg

All I've done heere is opened up and expanded the TempData folder.

Lo and behold, yet again there is a ANO0THER cryptic folder [CvMyKz-a-pi1akNDdmUgoJDgUMBgEJDI] and within that are a Data and then Tournaments folder.

(**This MUST be being generated by PT4 and not iPoker, one thing's for sure I've NEVER pointed to that location, so I've absolutely NO IDEA how or why that is happening, but it is, and continually, it's been several days now***)

It contains the SAME 'named' 7 XML files that are in the correct directory (C:\Program Files(x86)\Betfair Poker\data\NoEyeIn3Some\History\Data\Tournaments)

The size of these files are different though when you compare them.

There's also an extra 'rogue' file in here named 0.xml, which is 54KB in size.

Obviously that cannot be 'correct' and should really have a 10 digit file name like the others (I'm assuming).

There are also 10 directories in here some 9 digit, some 10 digit.

When I open ANY of these sub folders up they ALL contain lots of 1K and 2K files with 10 digit numbers. This has to be important data.

***See Image 4***

When I 'stop getting hands' the system will process the files in the correct directory.

I will then 'cut and paste' the XML files from the cryptic [CvMyKz-a-pi1akNDdmUgoJDgUMBgEJDI] directory into the correct directory.

I will then hit the 'play poker' button and the system will 'find' them and process them, BUT my missing data is ALWAYS still missing.

I've probably done this now about 6 or 7 times, it's incredibly time consuming and laborius, and ALWAYS getting the same results.

The 0.xml file must definitley have something to do with this that's for sure, and all the data in those sub directoris.

My PT4 was working absolutely fine with iPoker until 24/11/2017.

For some reason (which I now deeply regret) I just decided it was about time for me to upgrade to the latest version (I cannot remember what my previous version was, but it was no further back than 3 builds. I've tried reinstalling all of these 'older' versions but still the problems persist.

(Please don't suggest downloading todays new version of PT4, as I'd have very little faith in that miraculously fixing this. Let's solve and more importantly UNDERSTAND just where and why these problems are coming from so that it doesn't happen again).
carlmellor

Postby carlmellor » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:21 pm

Image 4.jpg
carlmellor

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:26 am

carlmellor wrote:All I've done heere is opened up and expanded the TempData folder.

Lo and behold, yet again there is a ANO0THER cryptic folder [CvMyKz-a-pi1akNDdmUgoJDgUMBgEJDI] and within that are a Data and then Tournaments folder.

(**This MUST be being generated by PT4 and not iPoker, one thing's for sure I've NEVER pointed to that location, so I've absolutely NO IDEA how or why that is happening, but it is, and continually, it's been several days now***)

These TempData files are written by iPoker but are not hand history files. They are related to the hands, but there is nothing to be imported from them and PT4 should not be configured to import them. You should configure PT4 to import from the "data\NoEyeIn3Some\History\Data" folder only.
WhiteRider

Postby lamassu88 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:30 am

I had exactly the same problem.

I have done what the moderator has recommended and it is sorted.

Thank you!
lamassu88

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:05 pm

Pleased to hear it :)
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4