Banner

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Banner

Postby Steve698 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:00 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to move the silly big red banner that is placed right across the table on the trial version. It obscures the table, who decided that was a good idea ?
Steve698

Re: Banner

Postby WhiteRider » Sat May 05, 2018 1:56 pm

You can move it temporarily by holding the Control key and dragging it, the same as you would move the player stats.

We do have a 14 day money back guarantee, so if you want to play without it you can purchase and if you aren't completely satisfied after 14 days you can get your money back quickly and easily.
The banner will of course be removed once you purchase so you could effectively play out the rest of what would be your trial period without it risk free.
WhiteRider

Postby Steve698 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Ctrl - drag does not allow any movement. I just can not understand why it is placed in such a prominent place, OK if it has to be on page for whatever reason, just make it smaller and off the table. I know I am using the trial version the software tells me so every time I start it. Far from encouraging me to purchase it is more likely to make me look elsewhere. This has been an issue for more than 6 years looking through online forums why is it still a problem.Either don't do the free trial at all or let people use it with the banner off to one side (not obscuring the tables) for the 30 days and make up their own minds if it warrants purchase.
Steve698

Postby WhiteRider » Sat May 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Control-drag does allow you to move the trial banner - I've just double checked it. If you're using a Mac that would be Command-drag instead.
You can also unlock the layout via the PT-icon menu at the top of the table, and then move the banner and other Hud elements without using the Control (or Command) key.

Unfortunately this kind of protection is necessary, as much as we don't like that it is. If it weren't somewhat obtrusive then that would defeat the object, so the default position and resetting behaviour is unlikely to be changed.
This only affects you during the trial of course - once you purchase the banner is not shown, and as I said if you want to try playing without it you can purchase, and you can get a refund within 14 days if you choose to.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4