How to see number of hands imported

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

How to see number of hands imported

Postby Ajax7 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:51 pm

I imported over 100,000 hands from a folder. Is there a way for me to see the total number of hands that were imported?
Ajax7

Re: How to see number of hands imported

Postby Ajax7 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:17 pm

For example, in Holdem Manager after I do an import, I can look at an Import History to see exactly how many hands got imported. Is there a way to do the same thing in Poker Tracker?
Ajax7

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:41 pm

The Import Status page shows that, and it's also in the sidebar on the left when you're on the Play Poker tab, but there isn't a way to look that up again after you restart PT4.
WhiteRider

Postby Ajax7 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Is there a way for me to see the total number of hands in the database?
Ajax7

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:41 am

Probably the simplest way to do that is with My Reports.
If you create a new 'All Players' report and remove the Player and Net Won stats to just leave 'Hands', and add a filter for active player being in the big blind that will show you the total number of hands (because there is exactly one big blind player in every hand).

To add a filter for the BB click the blue Filters link in the sidebar of My Reports and choose Simple Filters. Go to Hand Details > Player Position > Preflop and set Position of Active Player to Exactly 8.

If you have both cash and tournament hands you'll need to do that separately for both.
WhiteRider

Postby Ajax7 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:29 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Probably the simplest way to do that is with My Reports.
add a filter for active player being in the big blind

How do I do this part? I see the "More Filters" button, and when I press it there are six categories: Game Details, Hand Details, Session Details, Hand Values, Board Texture, and Actions and Opportunities. Is it somewhere around there?
Ajax7

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:58 pm

WhiteRider wrote:To add a filter for the BB click the blue Filters link in the sidebar of My Reports and choose Simple Filters. Go to Hand Details > Player Position > Preflop and set Position of Active Player to Exactly 8.
WhiteRider

Postby Ajax7 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:13 am

WhiteRider wrote:Probably the simplest way to do that is with My Reports.
remove the Player and Net Won stats to just leave 'Hands'

How do I do this?
Ajax7

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:38 am

1. In PokerTracker 4 go to the 'My Reports' section.

2. Click 'New Report', choose 'All Players Report' and then 'Finish'.

3. In the left sidebar under 'Report Stats' double click on the 'Player' and 'My Currency Won' ('Chips Won' if in the tourney section) statistics to remove them from the report such that you are left with just hands.

If you click the green ? icon in the left sidebar there is also a tutorial video available for 'My Reports' (there are several in-client videos like this in various sections of PokerTracker 4).
Flag_Hippo

Postby Ajax7 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:06 am

WhiteRider wrote:If you have both cash and tournament hands you'll need to do that separately for both.

How do I "do that separately for both"?

Flag_Hippo wrote:If you click the green ? icon in the left sidebar there is also a tutorial video available for 'My Reports' (there are several in-client videos like this in various sections of PokerTracker 4).

I clicked the green ? icon and it did not work. The PokerTracker Video Player screen opened, but no video played. I tried pressing the ">" button and still no video played. The screen opened up, but it looked like there was no video loaded into the screen.
Ajax7

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4