'River Call Efficiency' discrepancy

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

'River Call Efficiency' discrepancy

Postby Steamraise » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi,
I have viewed a few identical db's on both hem2 and pt4, however the RCE appears significantly higher on pt4. Can you clarify why this might be? What formula do you use for this stat?
Thanks
Steamraise

Re: 'River Call Efficiency' discrepancy

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:41 am

In PokerTracker 4 that's the ratio of the total amount won on the river to the total amount called on the river. Rake taken from the pot is not included and only hands that are river calls and check-calls are used (bet-calls and raise-calls are excluded). The 'River Call Efficiency' statistic in Holdem Manager 2 is calculated differently.
Flag_Hippo

Postby nominaliz » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Hi, I'm picking up on this old post to clarify something.

From what I understood the only difference between PT4 and HM is that PT4 excludes the rake from the stat therefore the number should be lower (per example in HM if in a pot of 3 I see a bet of 1 and call and win the RCE is 4 (4/1) but if we subtract rake this value would be lower, let's say 3,5 (3,5/1)).

However, when I compare 2 identical DBs on both software the RCE of PT$ is higher (about 1,5 instead of 1,2).

Why is this happening? What am I missing?

Thanks
nominaliz

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:39 pm

Rake isn't the only difference. In the example you have given PokerTracker 4 would give a 'River Call Efficiency' of 5 (ignoring rake):

(4+1) / 1 = 5

See this post on the HM forums and those afterwards.
Flag_Hippo

Postby nominaliz » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:24 pm

So, besides the rake difference, PT counts as the amount won the whole pot including the amount called while HM excludes the amount called from this calculation, right?

Assuming I am correct a way to create a formula similar to HM (except for the rake part) would be:

RCE = "(amt_r_call_won - amt_r_call) / amt_r_call" instead of just RCE = "amt_r_call_won / amt_r_call"

Would this be correct?

If so, is there any way to bring the rake into the calculation? To add the rake paid to the amount won?
nominaliz

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 am

That looks fine but to add rake you will need to create a custom column that counts the rake in those hands. You can use amt_r_call_won as the base for the new column and have it sum cash_hand_summary.amt_rake instead of cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_won + cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_ttl. If you need it see this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different.
Flag_Hippo

Postby nominaliz » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:45 pm

Hi,

Still ignoring rake I created the new formula: RCE = (amt_r_call_won - amt_r_call) / amt_r_call

However, when I see this stat in my DB its value is 0,6 where it should be around 1,1-1,2. (The original RCE for this DB is 1,6).

Why is this value not correct?
nominaliz

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:27 pm

Looking at this again you will actually need a new custom column that only counts the amount called in hands that were won:

amt_r_call_won_nominaliz
Code: Select all
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.cnt_r_call > 0 AND (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_r_bet_made + cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_r_raise_made) = 0 AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_won_hand, cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_r, 0 ])

Code: Select all
(amt_r_call_won - amt_r_call_won_nominaliz) / amt_r_call
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4