XML hand history format specifications

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

XML hand history format specifications

Postby bel42 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:40 am

I play on an Indian site (Adda52.com) which is not supported by PT4. I have been using a card-catching software to interface between PT4 and the site. It converts the hand histories to Pokerstars format, which I can then import to my PT4 database.

Recently I found another tracking program which does support the site I play on. It captures the HH, and allows export in XML format. However, when I try to import the XML file, PT4 doesn't recognize it as a HH file.

Is there any kind of documentation on what exactly is the XML format which PT4 recognizes? If I know the format, I can code up a simple script on my end to convert these XML files to the ones recognized by PT4.

[I could technically just convert the XML files to Pokerstars format, but if there's a way to just make the XML work, it would be easier for me.]
bel42

Re: XML hand history format specifications

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:49 pm

An XML file is basically a text file and if you were to save an original PokerStars text hand history file as XML it would still be recognised and imported by PokerTracker 4. Did this tracking software specify that their exported XML files can be imported into PokerTracker 4? If so you'd need to contact them about that.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4