Filter for oppoent actions/hands

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Filter for oppoent actions/hands

Postby boagz4 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:55 am

It seems poker tracker's filters apply mostly to hero's actions/cards. So if I said filter for a 50% flop 2bet it would do so only based on my/hero's actions. Is there an easy way to filter for opponents actions? For example, I'm trying to see how many opponents called a flop continuation bet with no made hands.
boagz4

Re: Filter for oppoent actions/hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:18 pm

Filters always apply to the perspective of the active player selected for the report but if you go to 'My Reports -> New Report' and create an 'All Players Report' you can see data and filter for all players combined. Remove the 'Player' stat from the report (double click on it under 'Report Stats') to see the data from all players combined and not broken down into rows for individual players. You can then add the stats you want to the report (e.g. hole cards) by double clicking the ones you want under 'Available Stats'. Additionally if you add the following filter: NOT(Player is Hero) you'll see the data from villains only without your own stats mixed in.

If you want to see and filter for individual hands then you will need to create a 'Hand Report', click the Filters link and select 'Add New Expression Filters' and turn off the 'Filter on Active Player' option and hands will be shown/filtered from every player's point of view.
Flag_Hippo

Postby boagz4 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:46 am

Awesome. Thanks you very much for the help. I was able to get most things working. However, I'm not sure if I can still filter for certain scenarios or not. For example, I want to be able to filter for "Unsuccessful 1/2 Pot continuation bets" but I want the hands where I was the aggressor and villain called/raised to be left in but have hands where I was caller/raiser of the cbet to be taken out. So far I just have all unsuccessful cbet scenarios lumped together with the following filters:

"Bet Flop Continuation Bet"

AND

"Players seeing Flop between 2 and 3"

AND

"Flop Bet Size Percentage of Pot Between 48 and 60"

AND

"(Folded Flop Any Fold) OR (Saw Turn)"

Ideally I would like to add something like:

"(NOT) Hero called cbet"
boagz4

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:05 pm

You can add filters for both 'player is hero' and 'called cbet' at the same time so that they are combined with "AND" (or add them separately, select them both and click "AND selected") and then "NOT" the resulting combined filter.

Check the rest of the guide that Flag_Hippo linked for how to combine and NOT filters.
WhiteRider

Postby boagz4 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:54 am

I added the filter you suggested but it did not filter out the hands where I called a cbet. The current filters I have applied are the following:

"Bet Flop Continuation Bet"

AND

"(Folded Flop Any Fold) OR (Saw Turn)"

AND

"Players Seeing Flop Between 2 and 3"

AND

"Flop Bet Size Percentage of Pot Between 48 and 60"

AND

"NOT ((Called Continuation Bet) AND (Player is Hero))"
boagz4

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:55 am

Actually, if you're trying to view hands from your opponents' points of view, then "Player is hero" doesn't apply (because the opponents are never the hero).

When you turn off 'Filter on Active Player' it shows each hand from every player's point of view. If you apply a filter it will only show each hand from the point of view of the player who made the filtered action.
For example:
If you have a single 6-max hand in your database and you turn off 'Filter on Active Player' then you will see 6 players listed for the same hand.
If you were to apply a filter for "player posted BB" then you would only see 1 player listed for the hand.
If instead you apply a filter for "VPIP" then you would see the hand listed for each player that VPIP'd.
If you apply a filter for "Player is hero" then you will only see the hand for yourself. (The same as if 'Filter on Active Player' were turned on)
If you apply a filter for "NOT (Player is hero)" then you would see the hand listed 5 times, once for each opponent but not for yourself.

If you want to see hands where you made the CBet then you should turn 'Filter on Active Player' back, so that you only see the hands from your own point of view.
Then the filter you have (without the last line, which would be unnecessary) should work.

If you want to see those hands from the point of view of the caller then you should turn 'Filter on Active Player' off, but filter for facing a cbet rather than making one (and swap around the other actions too, so that they are all from the point of view of the player facing the cbet), and include a general filter for "NOT (player is hero)" so that your hands are excluded.
WhiteRider

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles