Partypoker STT Tournament Detection

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Partypoker STT Tournament Detection

Postby muydias » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:34 pm

Hi,

I think I might've figured out a fundemental issue with tournament detection for partypoker STTs.

For the majority of STTs, the auto detection will yield something like "266990998 - Error: Tournament detection results uncertain - MTT (6 max) Hyper-Turbo REBUY". Consequently, PT4 will set the finishing position to "0" and any winnings to "$0", ICM adj calculations will not be performed. For some STTs, the auto detection will be successful ("266986585 detected as STT (6 max) Hyper-Turbo SNG REBUY") and the subsequent steps will also be performed correctly.

Now why is this the case? Because of partypoker's hand history anonymization! Here is what happens:

In a 6-max STT, there will be Player1, Player2, Player3, Player4, Player5 and Player 6. HERO will take one of the 6 places, for example:

Player1, Player2, HERO, Player4, Player5, Player6.

If now a player with a lower number than HERO busts (Player1 or Player2), partypoker will ALWAYS remove Player6 from the handhistory, and rename all other players starting from 1:

Player1, HERO, Player3, Player4, Player5.

Note that now, a "new" player has appeared in the game, Player3! I believe that this is what confuses the PT4 detection algorithm and causes the error. This is confirmed by the fact that PT4 will list the number of entrants as 7 when this occurs (Player1to 6 +Hero).

This is also confirmed by the following: in games where HERO gets placed on Seat 1 by chance, the detection works correctly! In that case the handhistory looks like this:

HERO, Player2, Player3, Player4, Player5, Player6.

One player busts.

HERO, Player2, Player3, Player4, Player5.

In this (rare) case, there is no problem and the detection works as intended.

I would like to attach 1 handhistory example of bad detection and 1 example of good detection (where HERO was placed on Seat 1), but the Forums won't let me. Please let me know how I can send you the handhistories.

Hopefully this will help to fix the win/loss graph and EV line for partypoker STTs!

Best regards
muydias

Re: Partypoker STT Tournament Detection

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:34 pm

You can send this information and your hand history examples to us in a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Partypoker STT Tournament Detection

Postby muydias » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:21 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:You can send this information and your hand history examples to us in a Support Ticket.

Thank you, I posted a support ticket.
muydias

Return to PokerTracker 4