Why "Call PF Raise"% and "Fold Any PF Raise"% > 100%?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Why "Call PF Raise"% and "Fold Any PF Raise"% > 100%?

Postby BrianChina » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:24 am

Hi PT4 support. I was hoping you could help me to understand what's going on here because I can't figure this one out myself.

I have both these stats in my HUD side-by-side. Sometimes I notice with some players that the sum of the two is more than 100%. Since there are also other actions to account for in that 100% I figure it should be a rarity that the two should ever even approach 100%.

Can you help me with this please?

*** Call Any Preflop Raise Percentage ***
Percentage of the time that a player called any raise preflop, given that he had a chance to do so.

Formula: Number of Times Player Called Any Preflop Raise / Number of Times Player Could Call a Preflop Raise

((cnt_p_2bet_def_action_call + cnt_p_3bet_def_action_call + cnt_p_4bet_def_action_call) / ( cnt_p_2bet_def_opp + cnt_p_3bet_def_opp + cnt_p_4bet_def_opp)) * 100

*** Fold to Any Preflop Raise Percentage ***
Percentage of the time that a player folded when facing any raise preflop, given that he had a chance to do so.

Formula: Number of Times Player Folded to Any Preflop Raise / Number of Times Player Could Fold to a Preflop Raise

((cnt_p_2bet_def_action_fold + cnt_p_3bet_def_action_fold + cnt_p_4bet_def_action_fold) / ( cnt_p_2bet_def_opp + cnt_p_3bet_def_opp + cnt_p_4bet_def_opp)) * 100
BrianChina

Re: Why "Call PF Raise"% and "Fold Any PF Raise"% > 100%?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:10 am

Thanks for the information. There is an issue with some hands that leads to the results you are seeing and I've reported it to the development team.
Flag_Hippo

Postby BrianChina » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:41 pm

Hi Flag_Hippo, I'd sure like to re-instate "Call PF Raise%" and "Fold Any PF Raise%" to my HUD but I just checked things out with the hand replayer and the problem is still there...7 months after reporting it.

Any idea when this defect might be resolved?

Thanks
BrianChina

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:27 am

I don't have an ETA for that. Attached is a custom version of the 'Fold to Any PF Raise' statistic which should resolve the issue for you.
Attachments
Fold to Any PF Raise v2.zip
(907 Bytes) Downloaded 38 times
Flag_Hippo

Postby BrianChina » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:49 pm

Thanks, Flag_Hippo, but you made the workaround against the cash game statistic and it is not visible/usable for tournament reports and huds. I can't see any user modifiable fields to allow it's use in tournaments.

Can you make this change please?
BrianChina

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:42 am

Go to 'Configure -> Statistics' and select the statistic. On the 'Details' tab click the 'Options' button and then 'Convert'.
Flag_Hippo

Postby BrianChina » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:55 pm

Thanks again Flag_Hippo.  We're making progress.  It works in the replayer HUD and I've checked about 20 random hands from tournaments starting from Jan 1 of this year and I've not seen any player have the sum of "Call Any PFR" + "Fold to Any PFR v2" be more than 100.  Previously I would have found about 6 occurrences or so on just this small sample and therefore stopped trusting any results at all from these two stats.

BUT (there's always a but isn't there?), when I put this stat into one of my custom "My Reports"/"Player Report" or "All Players Report" the value of that field is always "0.00" for every player or tournament (every line).

I need to get some historical data on this stat to be able to properly evaluate it for both other players and my own play.  Isolated numbers in the HUD without context greatly diminishes it's value, imho. 

Any ideas? I appreciate your diligence on this matter!
BrianChina

Postby BrianChina » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:38 am

Ignore my remarks above about the stat only displaying "0.00" in the reports. My bad, I inadvertently had a custom filter activated.

Everything is now operating properly with the v2 version of the stat...the values are reasonable, "Call Any PFR" + ""Fold to Any PFR v2" doesn't any longer seem to sometimes add up to more than 100, and the stat values appear properly in both the HUD and in my custom reports. Victory!

Thanks for the help in resolving this issue.
BrianChina

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:38 am

Pleased to hear that and thanks for the update.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4